Posted by john on Monday, June 10, 2013 at 7:06pm.
The angle of elevation from a point on the ground to the top of a tower is 37deg5'. The angle of elevation from a point 120 feet farther back from the
tower is 29deg5'. Find the height of the tower (to the nearest foot).
- Trig - Reiny, Monday, June 10, 2013 at 8:29pm
did you make a sketch?
I have , top of tower -- P , bottom of tower Q
closer point A
farther point B
In triangle PBA
angle B = 29°5'
angle BAP = 142°55'
angle BPA = 8°
AB = 120
by sine law:
PA/sin 29°5' = 120/sin 8°
PA = 419.1165
now triangle APQ is right-angled
sin 37°5' = PQ/PA
you finish it
- Trig - john, Monday, June 10, 2013 at 8:55pm
I got 263.
- Trig - Reiny, Monday, June 10, 2013 at 11:36pm
I get 252.717 or 253
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trig - From a point P on level ground, the angle of elevation of the top of a ...
- trigonometry - Mickey determines that the angle of elevation from his position ...
- trigonometry - The angle of elevation of the top of a tower to point A on the ...
- trigo - to calculate the height of the tower david measured the angle of ...
- Math - If an observer stands at a certain point in the same horizontal plane as ...
- math - the elevation of a tower from a point on the ground is 30 at a point on ...
- Math - 1. A rangers tower is located 44m from a tall tree. From the top of the ...
- Math - The angle of elevation of the top of vertical tower from a point on the ...
- TRIG Help help help test tommarow - A TV tower stands on top of the Empire State...
- trig - a tower that is a 200 meters is leaning to one side. from a certain point...