Posted by nini on Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 12:14pm.
Please help me plese here are the 5 question social studies
1. What problems did the United States face in the Vietnam War?
2. What options were available to President Johnson? To President Nixon? What were the advantagees and disadvantages?
3. Explain the solution President Nixon implemented.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of Nixon's solution. Was it successful? How do you determine this?
5. President Roosevelt implemented a set of programs called the New Deal. Identify the problem that the New Deal was designed to deal with. List other possible solutions and their advantage and disadvantages. Then, write a short evaluation of the chosen solution.
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 12:22pm
How many books are you writing about these subjects?
You can start your research by studying these sites.
- social studies - nini, Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 12:24pm
can you help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
- social studies - YE MUM, Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 11:12am
- social studies - hi, Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 11:07pm
Practicing the Skill
The United States faced the problem of having too many troops in and dying or getting severely injured during the Vietnam War.
Nixon had the idea to have the American troops train the south vietnamese so that they could eventually take over and the US troops could go home. The Cambodian invasion made this hard because many college students started to go against this idea. Johnson’s ideas were to bomb Vietnam, and to send a ton of troops (500,000) over there to fight. There were no advantages to the option of sending so many troops except that it protected the south Vietnam people (sort of). Obviously, the disadvantage was that so many people died and we did not have the support of the American troops.
Nixon wanted to implement peace and try to convince the people of Vietnam to be tired of war. He started something called Vietnamization where the US started helping the forces take over the responsibilities of war. Meanwhile, more troops were sent home.
Nixon wasn’t successful because he secretly ordered the bombing of Cambodia. Then many demonstrations of college students in the US protested the War causing mass discuss of the war from the Americans. These demonstrations across the colleges caused college students to die and this led to even more anti-war demonstrations.
- social studies - Books, Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 6:06pm
Go in the skill builder they are very easy to answer!! : ^ )
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - -What options were available to President Johnson during the ...
- social studies 7th - Confused! Who were the presidents of the United States and ...
- Social Studies - In what building does the President of the United States serve...
- social studies - how does the president represent the united states as its chief...
- Soc. Studies - President Nixon’s Vietnamization policy emphasized that the ...
- social studies - The president of the United States is elected by the electoral...
- social studies - describe why delegates did not choose either plan for electing ...
- social studies - Please check: 1. North Korea became a communist country by ...
- social studies - How did U.S. participation in World War I impact U.S. foreign ...
- social studies - what is the fraction of votes needed in the united states ...