Posted by Lanny on Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 8:07am.
1. A wave has a wavelength of 10 mm and a frequency of 5.0 hertz. What is its speed?
A. 50 mm/s
B. 50 hertz/s
C. 2.0 mm/s
D. 0.50 mm/s
2. Which type of mechanical wave needs a source of energy to produce it?
A. a transverse wave
B. a longitudinal wave
C. a surface wave
D. all of the above
3. When a wave strikes a solid barrier, it behaves like a basketball hitting a backboard. This wave behavior is called
A. constructive interference.
4. In refraction, when a wave travels from one medium to another, it
A. changes speeds.
B. stays in step.
C. always moves in the same direction.
D. travels in the opposite direction.
5. Transverse and longitudinal waves both
A. have compressions and rarefactions.
B. transfer energy through a medium.
C. move at right angles to the vibration of the medium.
D. are capable of moving the medium a long distance.
6. Suppose two waves collide and the temporary combined wave that results is smaller than the original waves. What term best describes this interaction?
B. destructive interference
C. standing wave formation
D. constructive interference
7. To what is amplitude related?
A. the amount of energy carried by the wave
B. the maximum displacement from the rest position
C. neither A nor B
D. both A and B
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physical Science - 1. To what is amplitude related? B. the maximum displacement ...
- science - A wave has a wavelength of 10mm and a frequency of 5 hertz what is the...
- physics - the frequency of wave A is 250 hertz and the wavelength is 30 cm. the ...
- physics - what is the speed of a sound wave if its frequency s 160 hertz and its...
- Science - 1. A girl on a playground swing makes a complete to-and-fro swing each...
- Physical Science - On a hot summer day (30 degrees Celcius), a pesky little ...
- Physical science - A wave travels along a string at a speed of 1,5m 1s.if the ...
- Vibration and Waves - 1. A girl on a playground swing makes a complete to-and-...
- Physical Science - I have a question and the answer, but I need to know how to ...
- Physics - A tuning fork creates sound wave with frequency of 170 hertz. If the ...