Posted by Lanny on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 1:27pm.
1.Instantaneous speed is measured
B. when the object reaches its destination.
C. at a particular instant.
D. over the duration of the trip.
2. A ball is rolled uphill a distance of 5 meters before it slows, stops, and begins to roll back. The ball rolls downhill 9 meters before coming to rest against a tree. What is the magnitude of the ballís displacement?
A. 4 meters
B. 9 meters
D. 45 meters
3. What is instantaneous acceleration?
A. how fast a speed is changing at a specific instant
B. how fast a velocity is changing at a specific instant
C. how fast a direction is changing at a specific instant
4. An object that is accelerating may be
A. slowing down.
C. changing direction.
D. all of the above
5. Speed is the ratio of the distance an object moves to
A. the amount of time needed to travel the distance.
B. the direction the object moves.
C. the displacement of the object.
6.Which example identifies a change in motion that produces acceleration?
B. a ball moving at a constant speed around a circular track
C. a particle moving in a vacuum at constant velocity
D. a vehicle moving down the street at a steady speed
7. A train approaching a crossing changes speed from 25 m/s to 10 m/s in 240 s. How can the trainís acceleration be described?
A. The trainís acceleration is positive.
C. The train will come to rest in 6 minutes.
D. The trainís acceleration is negative.
8. A river current has a velocity of 5 km/h relative to the shore, and a boat moves in the same direction as the current at 5 km/h relative to the river. How can the velocity of the boat relative to the shore be calculated?
A. by subtracting the river current vector from the boatís velocity vector
C. by multiplying the vectors
D. by adding the vectors
Answer this Question
physical science - gimme a side of what physical science is. I know there's no ...
Physics - Starting from rest, a 6.70 kg object falls through some liquid and ...
Class 11th Physics - My question is that, I read about Instantaneous Speed "...
science - When is the average velocity of an object equal to the instantaneous ...
Physics - (a) At a certain instant, a particle-like object is acted on by a ...
Physics - At a certain instant, a particle-like object is acted on by a force F...
physics - (a)At a certain instant, a particle-like object is acted on by a force...
Physics/Math - At a certain instant, a particle-like object is acted on by a ...
physics - The angular position of a point on the rim of a 45.8 cm rotating wheel...
physics - An observer measures the length of an object. In which of the ...