Posted by Mstv1112 on .
1. These two technological advancements of the Industrial Revolution helped lead to the development of Impressionism.
the railroads and the printing press
the railroads and photography
photography and electric lighting**
the automobile and electric lighting
2. According to linear perspective, people and objects appear to get____________________ in the distance.
3. These angled lines are used in linear perspective to show that objects are increasing and decreasing in size.
4. These two people made scientific contributions to the development of Surrealism.
Albert Einstein and Mary Cassatt
Albert Einstein and Salvador Dali**
Sigmund Freud and Salvador Dali
Sigmund Freud and Albert Einstein
5. This part of the brain is active during sleep.
6. The Harlem Renaissance took place during this time period.
7. These are the important characteristics of jazz.
improvisation, color, and red notes**
syncopation, shapes, and blue notes
syncopation, color, and red notes
improvisation, syncopation, and blue notes
8. This art principle is used by artists to help create a feeling of music in visual art.
9. This term describes Buddhist cosmic diagrams.
10. This is the name of the Hindu god known to children as the elephant god.
11. This is the name of the sacred text of Islam.
12. This occurs when musicians make up what they play as they're playing it.
13. This is where orthogonal lines appear to come together and disappear.
14. Orthogonal lines are diagonal in linear perspective, but parallel in the real world.
15. Islamic painting is known for its realistic portrayal of Allah and the face of the prophet.
16. Historical artworks are always fictionalized.
17. Buddhist prayer flags are taken down once the prayer has been answered.
18. Industrialization and World War I played a role in the development of Surrealism.
20. Jazz originated in New Orleans, Louisiana.