Posted by Delilah on Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:57pm.
Which of the following is an example of an acronym?
2. The original meaning of the word awesome is "inspiring great admiration or fear." Which of the following is the best synonym of the word s it is used most commonly today?
The word "telephone" comes from the French words "tele-", meaning "far" and "phone", meaning "sound".Which of the following words does not derive from the word "phone"?
- language arts help please - Writeacher, Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59pm
2. correct (and isn't it sad people don't remember the REAL meaning of this word?)
3. correct (and isn't it sad that the writer of this question doesn't know that "tele-" and "-phon" come from the Greek, not French?)
- language arts help please - Delilah, Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:31pm
I know :( Thx for helping!
Is #1 "Ave."?
- language arts help please - Writeacher, Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:53pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Urgent Language Arts~! - 10. In the following sentence, "Abraham Lincoln was a ...
- Language Arts - Decide whether each list of nouns is common or proper. Add ...
- Language Arts - 1 - Which word can be a synonym for the word PERSISTENT? A. weak...
- language arts - In word part break downs the word Comedian contains the word ...
- critical thinking - Which of the following correctly describes connotation? A. ...
- Technology - Correct me if I'm wrong!! 2. You may see the term FAQ on websites...
- understandingof a word - I am having a hard time understanding a word this is ...
- Language Arts - Which word is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word ...
- 8th grade language arts - 4.)Which word or phrase is closest in meaning to the ...
- Technology - 1. A mnemonic is a tool that you can use when you are studying to ...