Posted by Delilah on Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:57pm.
Which of the following is an example of an acronym?
2. The original meaning of the word awesome is "inspiring great admiration or fear." Which of the following is the best synonym of the word s it is used most commonly today?
The word "telephone" comes from the French words "tele-", meaning "far" and "phone", meaning "sound".Which of the following words does not derive from the word "phone"?
language arts help please - Writeacher, Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59pm
2. correct (and isn't it sad people don't remember the REAL meaning of this word?)
3. correct (and isn't it sad that the writer of this question doesn't know that "tele-" and "-phon" come from the Greek, not French?)
language arts help please - Delilah, Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:31pm
I know :( Thx for helping!
Is #1 "Ave."?
language arts help please - Writeacher, Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:53pm
language arts help please - Kailyn, Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 10:38am
FAQ! An acronym is like saying lol! Or ikr! F.A.Q means fair average quality! And I'm in da 6th grade!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Urgent Language Arts~! - 10. In the following sentence, "Abraham Lincoln was a ...
- Language Arts - The word ensemble is an English word borrowed from French, based...
- language arts - which word best describes Mrs. Lapham in Johnny Tremain? A. ...
- critical thinking - Which of the following correctly describes connotation? A. ...
- 7th grade language arts Ms. Sue please - 4. Which of the following is a ...
- Language Arts - In which of theses lines is the meaning of the word "gratitude" ...
- language arts - 1. The word centuries contains the Latin root cent-, meaning "...
- Language Arts - Decide whether each list of nouns is common or proper. Add ...
- language arts - choose the meaning that best matches the word "placate" in the ...
- Language arts - The Latin root opt means "best". What is the meaning of the word...