Posted by Lyla on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 12:50am.
What advice do you think the poet would give to the grieving Margaret in “Spring and Fall”?
To a young child
Margaret, are you grieving
Over Goldengrove unleaving?
Leaves, like the things of man, you
With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
Ah! as the heart grows older
It will come to such sights colder
By and by, nor spare a sigh
Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
And yet you will weep know why.
Now no matter, child, the name:
Sorrow’s springs are the same.
Nor mouth had, no nor mind, expressed
What heart heard of, ghost guessed:
It is the blight man was born for,
It is Margaret you mourn for.
English - Writeacher, Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 7:14am
The question is "what ... do you think ... ?"
Let us know, and someone here will be happy to comment.
English - Lyla, Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 7:55am
I'm not sure. I need help thinking of advice...
English - Writeacher, Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 8:45am
What does that last line mean?
English - Lyla, Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 10:42am
Hmm... It means that she might be mourning for herself because as she gets older she will experience grief throughout her life.
English - Writeacher, Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 10:53am
Exactly. So how would you rephrase that into a statement of advice?
English - Lyla, Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 11:10am
Umm.. I don't know. I can't think of anything right now.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Margaret's favorite apples cost $3.50 Margaret bought 2.6 pounds of ...
- English - I must write an essay based on the following question: compare the ...
- English :reposting - Hi, I need help seeing if I corrected the following ...
- English - Hi, I need help seeing if I corrected the following correctly. ...
- English - Margaret Atwood is a Canadian novelist and poet. Would the adjectives ...
- English (Please check Ms. Sue) - Please check this. Thanks! Imagine you are ...
- English - The primary subject of “The Raven” is which of the following? A. a ...
- French - Our French class was given an assignment where each student would write...
- math - Claire is 15 years old today. This is 5 times as old as her sister ...
- English III - 1)Which of the following contributes most to the mystery of “An ...