Posted by Anonymous on Monday, May 27, 2013 at 7:29pm.
convert è = -2 to rectangular equation form
- Pre-Cal - Anonymous, Monday, May 27, 2013 at 7:31pm
"e thing" above is supposed to be "theta"
and theta=-2 is a polar equation
- Pre-Cal - Steve, Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 11:06am
θ = -2
This is just a straight line, along the angle θ=-2.
Recall that the slope of the line: tanθ = sinθ/cosθ = rsinθ/rcosθ = y/x
So, y/x = tan(-2) = 2.185
y = 2.185x
Makes sense, since θ is in QIII, so the line slopes up from the left.
Answer this Question
- pre cal - convert the point to rectangular coordinates (7,1.75)
- precalculus - 5x+3y=8 convert each rectangular equation to polar form Convert ...
- precalculus - convert the equation y^2 = 2x -x^2 into polar form. convert the ...
- pre cal - convert the point to rectangular coordinates (5,5pi/6)
- Pre-Cal - Convert the given exponential function to the form indicated. Round ...
- PRECALCULUS HELP PLEASE! - convert the polar equation to rectangular form. 1.) ...
- PRECALCULUS - convert the polar equation to rectangular form. 1.) r sec(theta...
- math - convert from polar form into rectangular form. type the equation in ...
- Pre-calculus; urgent ! Please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta...
- Pre-Calc - Convert r=1+3sin2x from a polar equation to a rectangular equation.