Posted by Lulu on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:25pm.
As of May 17th 1213, the price of cobalt metal on the London Metal Exchange was $27500 per metric ton. One metric ton is defined as 1000Kg. Determine the price of cobalt in cents per atom.
- chemistry - Steve, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:37pm
Look at PT and get molar mass for Cobalt. Then in your final calculation set grams= to atoms which is the same as moles.
Do you know how to set up initially?
- chemistry - Lulu, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:44pm
No, could you explain PT.
the molar mass for cobalt is 58.93 g/mols \
where do i go form there
- chemistry - Steve, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:50pm
periodic table..you have it correct. gram/mol
moles are same thing as atoms so your last calcs will be
1kg/1000g=1gram=1mole/58.93 grams you should be left with moles which again is atoms.
- chemistry - Lulu, Monday, May 27, 2013 at 12:00am
so it would be
27500 metric ton * 1 metric ton/1000kg *1kg/1000g*1mol/58.93g
giving you 466.655 cents in atoms?
is that right or did i mess up
- chemistry - Steve, Monday, May 27, 2013 at 9:15am
I got 162 cents per atom
I could be wrong but thats what Im calculating
- chemistry - Steve, Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:06pm
what that correct?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem - A particular coal contains 2.55% sulfur by mass. When the coal is burned...
- chemistry - A particular coal contains 2.55% sulfur by mass. When the coal is ...
- Physics - How many metric tons (1 metric ton = 10^3 kg) of H2O fell on a city? (...
- math/chem - it is estimated that uranium is relatively common in the earth's ...
- Physics - A heavy rainstorm dumps 1.0 cm of rain on a city 8 km wide and 9 km ...
- CHEMISTRY HELP !!!! Show work please! - Compute the energy released in ...
- Chemistry - It is estimated that uranium is relatively common in the earth’s ...
- chemistry - i am given 2.60*10 to the 15th power short tons (which 1 short ton ...
- science/chemistry - HELP,HELP,HELP,HELP How can you tell that cobalt(II) iodide ...
- chemistry - if 10 metric tons of silver nitrate is produced, how much would i ...