Posted by Hannah on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:02pm.
Find the area of the base and the volume of a cone.
the height is 17 and the radius is 8. my answer needs to be in pie
geometry - Reiny, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:18pm
area of the base
= area of the circle with radius 8
= π(8^2) = 64π units
Volume = (1/3)πr^2 h
= (1/3)π(64)(17) = 544π units^2
geometry - Hannah, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:22pm
these are the answer I have to pick from for volume
1088/3 pi feet cubed
960 pi feet cubed
320 pi feet cubed
1088 pi feet cubed
geometry - Reiny, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:55pm
You could have easily seen that I made a calculation error
(1/3)π(64)(17) is correct,
but then I must have divided by 2 instead of by 3
clearly it should have been
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - A cone has a circular base, a perpendicular height equal to 21cm, and...
- math - Two right circular cone, one upside down in the other. The two bases are ...
- MATH QUIZ PLS HELP!!! - 1.Find the lateral area of a cone with a radius of 7 ft...
- Calculus - Given a right circular cone, you put an upside-down cone inside it so...
- Math - An inverted right cone, half filled with water. I've only the volume of ...
- Calculus - A cone is inscribed in a sphere of radius a, centred at the origin. ...
- maths-surface area - A solid is in the form of cone mounted on a hemisphere in ...
- Calculus: Optimization - I have no idea how to approach this problem, if someone...
- maths - Im confused can any1 help me on this question ?? or try and put me on ...
- geometry math - There is an upside-down cone that is 12m high and has a circular...