Posted by Erika on Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 7:36pm.
What is the translation of "Comment s'appelle ce terrain de camping"? I know that the literal translation is, "How do you call camping"? but that makes no sense to me.
French - MathMate, Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 7:50pm
camping is an English word borrowed by the French language which means
1. the activity of camping
"Comment s'appelle" is an expression which translates to "what do you call ...."
"ce" => this
"terrain de camping" => camp-ground
So the sentence translates to:
What is the name of this camp-ground?
French - Erika, Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 7:51pm
Oh, I translated wrong, my apologies. So then, how would I answer this? I'm unsure of what it is asking.
French - MathMate, Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 7:55pm
Give it a try! You must know the name.
French - Erika, Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 8:11pm
Oh, it makes sense now! Thank you very much!
French :) - MathMate, Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 8:22pm
Je vous en prie!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. If the weather permits, I'll go camping. 2. If weather permits, I'...
- geometry - A survey of 500 showed the following 15 had only camping 20 had only ...
- geometery - please walk me through this I am having a hard time with this A ...
- College Mathematics - A survey of 300 parks showed the following 15 had only ...
- math - an equipment hire company A hires camping.for use of camping,A charges $...
- Math - 14. Parks A survey of 300 parks showed the following. 15 had only camping...
- FRENCH! - Please check my sentences for anything wrong to help me fix them. ...
- Spanish Check - Hi! Can someone check these for me? Thanks! Directions: Label ...
- math - The vertices of a rectangle are R(-5,-5), S(-1,-5), T(-1,1), and U(-5,1...
- math - Which transformation moves the figure from position A to position B? then...