Posted by Sue on Friday, May 24, 2013 at 10:47am.
would someone please work this problem out in steps so I can understand it. book not helping confusing me more. A study was conducted to investigate the relationship between the cost, y (in tens of thousands of dollars), per unit of equipment manufactured and the number of units produced per run, x. The resulting equation for the line of best fit is given below, with x being observed for values between 10 and 200. If a production run was scheduled to produce 55 units, what would you predict the cost per unit to be in dollars?
yhat = 7.88 − 0.05x
- statistics - MathGuru, Friday, May 24, 2013 at 6:05pm
Here is your equation:
yhat = 7.88 - 0.05x
Substitute 55 for x and solve for yhat (that will be your predicted value).
I'll show you how this is done:
yhat = 7.88 - 0.05(55) = 7.88 - 2.75 = 5.13
yhat = 5.13 (cost per unit)
I hope this helps.
- Our Favorite Dudool's Bridal Wedding Gowns - Our Favorite Dudool&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;am, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 12:11am
<strong>Bridal Wedding Dresses: Weddings Picks </strong></br>
We love couture gowns and high-end de
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Spring/Summer 2014 Styles From - Bridesmaid Dresses: Spring/Summer 2014 Styles From, Monday, June 3, 2013 at 6:34pm
<strong>Bridesmaid Dresses: Spring/Summer 2014 Styles From Top Designers (PHOTOS)</strong></br>
- Study Says Women Buy Designer Clothes To Scare Rom - Kris Jenner Hits a New Low, Tries to &amp;, Monday, August 12, 2013 at 12:03pm
The 17 Best Sales to Shop This Weekend
The Juicy 'It' Girl's Perfect Night Out in NYC
Get It While It's Hot
Marc Jacobs' New Beauty Line Is About 'All Sorts of Imperfection'
Get the latest from Racked National
Friday, July 26, 2013
Study Says Women Buy Designer Clothes To Scare Romantic Rivals
Friday, July 26, 2013, by Racked S
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - A study was conducted to investigate the relationship between the ...
- statistics - This question was previous answered and when I put the answer in it...
- statistics - What is the relationship between Sample Size and the width of the ...
- Calculus - What is implicit differentiation...as in what would be the steps in ...
- Math Statistics - An investigational drug study is being conducted. The initial ...
- Maath - I dont understand how to do this. I read the steps in the book and they...
- Statistics - An investigational drug study is being conducted. The initial ...
- Math- Still Don't Understand! - I do not understand how to work this problem out...
- Algebra 2 - Two days ago "Steve" helped me with this problem. I am grateful to ...
- accounting - Answer the following question: Select two of the seben common ...