Posted by Erika on Friday, May 24, 2013 at 12:52am.
Can you check this please
i'm not sure why it's wrong .__.
1) indefinite integral of 1/t *ln(t) dt
the t*ln(t) is altogether on the bottom
i got ln(ln(x)) + C
2) find the indefinite integral of 1/(sqrt(t)*[1-2*sqrt(t)]dt
sqrt(x) is on the bottom.
i got -ln(1-2*sqrt(t))+C
can you tell me why mine's answers are wrong? thnx
Integrals- Log/Ln - Kuai, Friday, May 24, 2013 at 1:28am
1. u = ln(t)
du = 1/t dt
u^2/2 + c
(ln(2))^2/2 + c
2. 1/t^2 (1- 2t^2)dt
Then multiply 1/t^2
-1/t -2t + c
Integrals- Log/Ln - Kuai, Friday, May 24, 2013 at 1:31am
(ln(t))^2/2 + c
Integrals- Log/Ln - Erika, Friday, May 24, 2013 at 1:38am
I'm still getting it wrong, so I'm not sure what's with that.. Thank you for your help though!
Integrals- Log/Ln - Steve, Friday, May 24, 2013 at 11:02am
#1 is correct: ln(lnx))+C
#2: If you mean
∫ 1/√t * (1-2√t) dt
Let u = 1-2√t
du = -1/√t dt
and you have
= -1/2 u^2 + C
= -1/2 (1-2√t)^2 + C
= -1/2 (1 - 4√t + 4t) + C
= -2 + 2√t - 2t + C
you can absorb the -2 into C, leaving
2√t - 2t + C
Integrals- Log/Ln - Steve, Friday, May 24, 2013 at 11:07am
Or, if you mean
∫ 1/(√t * (1-2√t)) dt
Again let u=1-2√t
du = -1/√t dt
and we have
∫ -1/u du
= -lnu + C
= -ln(1-2√t) + C
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calc BC - 1. Find the indefinite integral. Indefinite integral tan^3(pix/7)sec^2...
- Calculus - Evaluate the indefinite integral: 8x-x^2. I got this but I the ...
- CALCULUS 2!!! PLEASE HELP!! - I'm having trouble with this question on arc ...
- Calculus - Hello Everyone, I need help with Calc II. 1. Integral from 0 to 1 of...
- Calc. - Evaluate the indefinite integral. Please check my work? Not sure if I am...
- Calculus - Solve these indefinite and definite integrals. [integration sign] 4j-...
- Indefinite Integrals - find the indefinite integral of (1/x)*(e^(-2log[ 3,x])) ...
- Calculus - so we are doing integrals and I have this question on my assignment ...
- Calculus - Find the volume of the solid whose base is the region in the xy-plane...
- Math - 1. Evaluate the indefinite integral ([6x^2 + 12x^(3/2) +4x+9]/sqrt x)dx. ...