Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 11:28pm.
Thank you so much for helping me but for #2 c.) is it yes or a no, though i did the rest of my questions but im stuck on this one so can you please help and explain a lot cause i have a test on this soon and i want to understand it, thanks :)
Serena can rent a video game for $3.49 per day. She can buy the game for $49.95. After how many days does it become cheaper for Serena to buy the game?
a.) use an inequality to reprsent the situation
b.) use the ineqality to solve the problem
c.) if the game takes serena 25h to solve and she plays 1.5h a day, should she rent or buy the game? verify your solution.
- To: Reiny- Math - Anonymous, Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 12:00am
I tried doing the question: are these correct:
for a.) 3.49x< or equal to 49.95
b.) 49.95/3.49= 14.3= 14 days
and im stuck on c.)
- To: Reiny- Math - Anonymous, Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 12:10am
oh for c.) i got: she should buy the game because in 14 days she will have only completed 21 hours of the game: 1.5 x 14= 21
25/1.5 = 16 days to complete the game, therefore she should buy it
but can you check these to see if im right and thank you so much for helping me, it means a lot and i have finally understood how to do it thank you:):):):)
- To: Reiny- Math - Reiny, Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 1:07am
Since you did not sign with a name and used "anonymous" instead, it is hard to go back and find which post contains #2 c)
As to the above ....
a) and b) are correct
if you get a decimal, like in x < 49.35/3.49 < 14.3
actually try the whole number above and below to see which one works
c) Serena will need 25/1.5 or 16 2/3 days to complete the game, but again, we need whole numbers .
So she will need to rent the game for 17 days, not 16
the cost for 17 days would be 17(3.49) = 59.33 , so yes, she should buy it for only 49.95
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- TO REINY - Hi reiny i just wanna say thank you for always answering my ...
- math help - Thank you for helping me with the last problem Reiny and Bosnian. ...
- to REINY - you have been of much help tonight, I truly appreciate that. I can ...
- DEAR REINY - dear reiny i am sim who posted 4 questions this morning i am in ...
- Math/algebra - Post a New QuestionCurrent Questions Homework Help: Algebra ...
- Math - Richa spends 1/4 of pocket money on chocolates,1/8 on pencils.At the end ...
- Math - 10 multiple choice questions each with three possible answers only one of...
- Math Pattern Help - Math Pattern Help - TO: Reiny, Monday, February 13, 2012 at ...
- URGENT~MATH For Steve or Reiny - For questions 5-7, find the solution to the ...
- math - Would this be a good resource for my students? This website? Yes, I ...