Posted by Daniel on Monday, May 20, 2013 at 7:21pm.
A pentagonal prism has dimensions that are four times the dimensions of a similar pentagonal prism. So its volume is _____times the volume of the smaller prism.
Would it be A) 64?
Next Question: If the dimensions of a cylinder are doubled the surface area will be _______? Would it be doubled?
Thank you for the help
- 7th Grade Math - MathMate, Monday, May 20, 2013 at 8:42pm
Volumes are (linear ratio)³ and
areas are (linear ratio)²
- 7th Grade Math - Henry , Monday, May 20, 2013 at 9:16pm
1. V = 2.83*r^2*h.
V1/V2 = 2.83*(4r)^2*4h/(2.83*r^2*h)
V1/V2 = 16r^2*4h/(r^2*h = 64.
2. A1 = 2pi*r^2 + 2pi*r*h
A1 = 2pi*r(r+h)
A2/A1 = (2pi*2r(2r+2h))/(2pi*r(r+h)
A2/A1 = (4pi*r(2r+2h))/(2pi*r(r+h)
A2/A1 = 2(2(r+h)/(r+h) = 4.
2. A shorter Method
A1 = 2pi*r(r+h). Let r = 1, and h = 2.
A1 = 6.28*1(1+2) = 18.84 Sq. Units.
Double r, and h.
A2 = 6.28*2(2+4) = 75.36 Sq. Units.
A2/A1 = 75.36/18.84 = 4.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - A right pentagonal prism is 10 cm high. If the area of each ...
- Geometry - A regular pentagonal solid prism has 9cm base edges. A larger, ...
- math - the dimensions of trianguloar prism A andtriangular prism B are ...
- 7th grade math - What is the surface area and volume formula of a pentagonal ...
- math - The volume of a larger prism is 168 cubic cm. if the prisms are similar ...
- geometry - the volume of a larger prism is 128 cubic cm. if the prisms are ...
- Volume of a rectangular prism - Hello, if the volume of a rectangular prism is ...
- Geometry - A rectangular prism has a base that is 5 cm by 7 cm and a height of ...
- math - 2 rectangular prisms are proportional. the edges of the smaller prism are...
- Alg 1 - The length of a rectangular prism is four times the width. The height of...