Posted by Sarah on Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 5:51am.
Sarah was given a sum of money. She spent the same amount of money each day. She spent 2/7 of her money in 6 days. After another 5 days, she had $20 left. How much money did she have at first.
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 8:11am
let the amount she spent each day be $x
so in the 6 days she spent 6x
This was 2/7 of her total
(2/7)total = 6x
total = (7/2)(6x) = 21x
so 21x - 5x = 20
16x = 20
x = 20/16 = 1.25
So she spent $1.25 each day
her total at the start was 21x = $26.25
after 5 days, she spent 5(1.25) = 6.25
leaving her with $20 , ✔
in 6 days she spent 6(1.25) = $7.50
leaving her with 26.25-7.5 = $18.75
... and what is 2/7 of $26.25 ???
it is $7.5 ✔
- Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 6:55pm
Hsjks nskkwknd. Jekown jdowbd jssjjeoow
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Brian recorded the amount of money he spent over the last 5 days. He ...
- Math - A merchant visited 3 fairs. At the first, he doubled his money and spent...
- Math - A man was given $x. He spent 50 cents a day. How much money had he left ...
- math word problem - lexi and maria had $250.oo altogether. After lexi spent 2/5 ...
- math - Lexi and Maria had $250 altogether. After Lexi spent 2 over 5 of her ...
- Maths - Ari had twice as much money as Rita. After Ari spent $800 and Rita spent...
- Math - Emily and Sarah had a total of $80 dollars. After Sarah spent 1/3 of her ...
- math - Lexi and Marie had $250 altogether. After Lexi spent 2/5 of her money and...
- Math - Cathy had a sum of money. She spent 1/5 of it in September, 1/4 of it in ...
- math,(fraction) - Susan had some money. she spent one-sixth of her money on ...