Posted by yani on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 5:00pm.
1. Larry is a very aggressive four-year-old child. He watches many television programs that contain
violence. Itís most likely that
A. he will become overactive. C. his behavior wonít change.
B. he will become depressed. D. his behavior will become more aggressive.
2. John is fighting daily with the other boys in the child care program. His mother recently remarried and
John is now attending the program five days a week. Using a systems perspective to understand his
behavior, you would consider
A. Johnís basic temperament and the changes in his family unit.
B. changes in his family unit and Johnís new schedule.
C. Johnís new schedule, his new family unit, and the age of the other boys.
D. Johnís basic temperament, changes in his family unit, and Johnís new schedule.
3. Which of the following situations is a cultural influence on behavior?
A. Mia is expected to baby-sit for her cousin as a family duty.
B. Joseph canít get his driverís license until he is 18 years old.
C. Maria has an earlier curfew than her older sister.
D. Michelleís family is on welfare.
4. By the year 2000, maternal employment rates can be expected to
A. remain the same. C. increase.
B. decrease. D. fluctuate significantly in either direction.
5. One advantage that two-parent homes usually have over single-parent homes headed by the mother is
A. better discipline. C. higher moral standards.
B. higher income. D. easier access to extended-family members.
6. A childís ability to cope with the stress from parental divorce is strongly influenced by the
A. number of children in the family.
B. presence of grandparents.
C. level of conflict in the family before and after the divorce.
D. temperament of his or her mother.
7. Until recently, custody decisions were based almost solely on the
A. gender of the parent. C. age of the child.
B. type of employment of the parent. D. income level of the parent.
8. Which of the following statements is true of joint physical custody?
A. Joint physical custody isnít legal in most states.
B. Joint physical custody is usually difficult for young children.
C. Joint physical custody is usually preferred by the court.
D. Joint physical custody is used only minimally.
9. Resiliency in children is best fostered by
A. a nurturing, supportive adult relationship. C. positive peer relationships.
B. stern discipline. D. financial resources.
10. Professionals who work with children and consider the effects of other people, schools, and cultural
values on the behavior of the children are taking a(n) ______ approach.
A. multidisciplinary C. developmental
B. ecological D. humanistic
11. Which of the following factors will most likely result in a positive school experience for a child?
A. The size of the school
B. The location of the school
C. The qualifications of the principal and the teacher aide
D. The similarity of the schoolís values and the familyís values
12. Jodiís family home was recently destroyed by a fire while she was in school. She is sad and withdrawn
and is having difficulty concentrating. Her response can be classified as _______ behavior.
A. internalizing C. self-inflicted
B. externalizing D. immature
13. The stress factor which is likely to cause the most severe behavioral consequences for children is
A. living in a stepfamily.
B. having a working mother.
C. living in persistent poverty.
D. witnessing damage to the neighborhood by a flash flood.
14. Mike watches a lot of television programs that contain violence. When he sees an older child ďbullyingĒ
a younger one in the park, you would expect him to
A. ignore it. C. come to the aid of the child.
B. call an adult. D. join in.
15. Studies have demonstrated that ďlatchkey childrenĒ
A. have no difficulty in caring for themselves.
B. are at risk for behaviors related to peer pressure.
C. are usually over the age of 14.
D. are primarily children who live in the inner city.
16. Which of the following sets of factors is most influential in contributing to violence?
A. Child abuse and poor nutrition
B. Persistent poverty and poor nutrition
C. Media violence and poor-quality schools
D. Persistent poverty and widespread substance abuse
17. Which of the following statements is true in families where domestic violence occurs?
A. The children are less likely to be victims of abuse.
B. The children may use aggressive behavior when dealing with conflict.
C. Girls are affected by the violence more than boys.
D. School-age children are less affected than preschoolers.
18. Which of the following statements implies rules of confidentiality?
A. You can tell the librarian that you heard that Joeyís father was arrested for drug use.
B. Parents must give permission to release school records to the childís therapist at the community
C. You canít discuss your observations regarding Susanís behavior at a meeting with the teacher
and school nurse.
D. Mariaís aunt can come to the classroom and get a copy of her last monthís report card.
19. Based on the number of homeless children who attended school in 1995, you could conclude that the
1987 Education of Homeless Children and Youth program
A. isnít working as well as it should.
B. didnít provide support to local school districts.
C. has effected positive changes in school attendance for homeless children.
D. has removed all obstacles for maintaining the school attendance for homeless children.
20. Which of the following children is most at risk for experiencing a severe stress reaction?
A. Nathan, who watched the news coverage of a hurricane in another city
B. Mary, who had to stay overnight in a shelter with her parents during a severe ice storm
C. Carlos, who watched as his mother and sister were pulled from their burning home
D. Rose, who helped her grandfather collect emergency flood supplies for their home
- TEACHER AIDE,CHILDREN, FAMILIES, SOCIETY - yani, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 5:03pm
- TEACHER AIDE,CHILDREN, FAMILIES, SOCIETE - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 5:06pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- TEACHER AIDE,CHILDREN, FAMILIES, SOCIETY - yani, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 5:29pm
- TEACHER AIDE,CHILDREN, FAMILIES, SOCIETY - yani, Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 4:05pm
DONE 100% 1D,2D,3A,4C,5B,6C,7A,8D,9A,10B,11D,12A,13C,14D,15B,16D,17B,18B,19C,20C
- TEACHER AIDE,CHILDREN, FAMILIES, SOCIETE - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 5:15pm
First, I don't know the answers to 4 and 8 because it depends upon knowledge that is close to 20 years old.
I agree with all the rest of your answers.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- TEACHER'S AIDE - Larry is a very aggressive four-year old child. He watches many...
- Chidren,Families,and Society - Larry is a very aggressive four-year-old child.he...
- AP psychology - Regarding the impact of watching television violence on ...
- teacher aide - Mike watches a lot of television programs that contain violence. ...
- teacher aides - 17. Which of the following statements is true in families where ...
- probability - PROBLEM 7: SAMPLING FAMILIES (3 points possible) We are given the ...
- Child care - An encyclopedia on CD-ROM would be most appropriate for a typical A...
- Probability - We are given the following statistics about the number of ...
- how children learn - According to behavior modification, how can a teacher or ...
- Probability - We are given the following statistics about the number of children...