Posted by Ashley on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 1:47pm.
Would Someone PLEASE HELP?
1.Deviant overconformity is associated with some forms of violence in sports. The roots of this violence are grounded in (d)
A. a desire for self-fulfillment and personal satisfaction.
B.a lack of loyalty to team rules.
C.the desire to gain reaffirmation for oneís identity as an athlete.
D.a deep and secure sense of self worth.
2. Information on spectator violence suggests that the worst cases of violence have usually been related to (A)
A. the amount of media coverage given to a game or match.
B.issues and tensions that were important in the community as a whole.
C.efforts to control the amount of alcohol available at the game or match.
D.the number of uniformed police in the stadium or arena.
3. Information on violence in womenís contact sports suggests that women are (C)
A.genetically predisposed to be less violent than men are.
B.more likely than men to be violent in response to the commands of a coach.
C.less likely than men to use violence as proof of their sexual identity.
D.becoming less violent in sports as rewards for success become greater.
4. The diagram of the two-category gender classification system indicates that (C)
A.men have more freedom than women have in taking action.
B.normative boundaries for gender are determined by nature and biology.
C.gays and lesbians are considered out of normative bounds by many people.
D.normative boundaries associated with gender are seldom questioned.
5. An emphasis on "cosmetic fitness" and thinness among women can have a negative effect on sport participation because it leads women to (D)
A.eat too much protein and not enough carbohydrates to maintain energy.
B.wear clothes that are bulky and restrict movement.
C.play only those sports that involve strength and speed.
D.associate sport participation with losing weight.
- Sociology of Sports - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 1:54pm
I agree with your answers for 3 and 5.
- Sociology of Sports - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 2:00pm
I also agree with your answer for 4.
- Sociology of Sports - Ashley, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 2:12pm
Thanks Ms.Sue, I am not to sure about 1& 2 from what i have read they seem to be the correct answers but maybe i am not comprehending it correctly. I don't know
- Sociology of Sports - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 2:24pm
I vote for 1. C. and 2. B.
- Sociology of Sports - Ashley, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 2:44pm
Thanks Ms.Sue... I'll go with your answers...
- Sociology of Sports - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 2:46pm
You're welcome, Ashley.
- Sociology of Sports - Ashley, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 3:11pm
Please Help these are the last of the questions I need Help with....
Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons why women are under represented in coaching and administrative positions in sports? (C)
A. Men are more likely than women to be seen as qualified for these positions.
B.Men are more apt to be in positions to decide who gets jobs in sports.
C.Women donít have the business sense needed to succeed in sport programs.
D.Women don't yet have effective job networks in the sport world.
7. Tiger Woods, the popular and successful professional golfer, identifies himself as (C)
A. African American.
8. Recent biological and genetic research suggests that ()
A. the concept of race has little or no biological validity.
B. people in different races have many deep biological differences.
C.popular racial classification systems are valid biological tools.
D. races have always existed and will always exist in some form.
9. Data show that ticket prices at men's professional sports in North America have (A)
A.increased faster than the rate of inflation.
B.stayed about the same if inflation is taken into account.
C.declined dramatically as teams have tried to attract middle-class spectators.
D.been rigidly controlled by the city governments that have funded stadiums.
10. In terms of overall employment patterns in sport organizations (D)
A.Latinos are more likely to coach in the NFL than Major League Baseball.
B.the majority of professional track and field coaches are Native Americans.
C.Asian Americans have more sport jobs than other ethnic minorities.
D.white men hold most of the good jobs and nearly all of the top jobs.
- Sociology of Sports - Ashley, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:01pm
# 8 IS A.
- Sociology of Sports - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:07pm
I agree with all of your answers.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Human Growth - Social learning theorists such as Bandura are most likely to link...
- physical - violence in sports
- Sports - Researching events that occured in the world of sports on August 22, ...
- Sociology of Sports - Would SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS... THANKS 1. The ...
- sports - in a sports development officer I am asked to provide a list of sports ...
- Conflict Management Communications - Would you say that people use warlike terms...
- Sociology of Sports - In the coverage of women's sports, it is common for the ...
- Criminal Justice/Domestic Violence - Children are at risk for being victimized ...
- Domestic Violence - Which of the following is an example of violence against ...
- CRT 205 - Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center that ...