Posted by Kate on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 10:31am.
Can someone please show me step by step solutions? I'd appreciate if you did so I know how you get the answer. Thank you so much!
Solve each equation, giving a general formula for all of the solutions:
Would the general formula be tan x=sin x/cos x?
- TRIGONOMETRY - Steve, Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 11:36am
2sin^2 x - 5sinx - 3 = 0
(2sinx+1)(sinx-3) = 0
sinx=3 or sinx = -1/2
now, sinx is never 3, so that's out
sin π/6 = 1/2, so that's your reference angle
sin x < 0 in QII,QIV, so we want
x = π + π/6
x = 2π - π/6
in general, then recalling that sinx has period 2π,
x = kπ - π/6 for any integer k
(cosx - 1/√2)(secx - 1) = 0
cosx = 1/√2 or secx = 1
cos π/4 = 1/√2
sec 0 = 1
x = 2kπ ± π/4
x = 2kπ
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- trig - solve each equation for è, giving a general formula for all of the ...
- Pre-Algebra - Can someone show me how to answer these questions step-by-step? ...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...
- math - how do you solve the exponential equation, 12^x = 14^3x? If someone could...
- algebra - solve by using the quadratic formula prove your answer is correct by ...
- TRIGONOMETRY - Can someone please show me step by step how to calculate the ...
- math - Can someone please show me step by step how to solve this, I've been ...
- TRIGONOMETRY - I don't understand how to convert -3-4i to polar coordinates. I ...
- Pre-Algebra [repost ] - I need help on these three questions BEFORE 10:00 PM. ...
- Trigonometry - Solve each equation, giving a general formula for all of the ...