Posted by Enis on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 8:58pm.
A compass and a ruler cost $5. The compass cost .70 cents more the the ruler. Jow much does the compass cost?
Math130 HELP - Ashley, Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:03pm
Compass cost $3.20
Ruler cost $1.80
Math130 HELP - Enis, Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:05pm
In Paul's bicycle shop 40 bikes are needed new tires and 27 needed gear repairs, what is the greatest number of bikes could have neede both and the least number of bikes that could have needed both
Math130 HELP - Reiny, Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:20pm
Ashley's answer is not correct
Her compass does not cost 70 cents more than her ruler.
cost of ruler --- x
cost of compass --- x=70
x + x+70 = 500
2x = 430
x = 215
Ruler costs $2.15, compass costs $2.85.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - When constructing parallel and perpendicular lines, how are the steps...
- maths - how to construct 57.5 degree angle using a ruler and a compass
- BASIC TECH - With aid of pear if compass and ruler bisect a line of 12cm.
- MAth - Ida plans to construct a square showing exact measurements of the sides. ...
- math - use a ruler and a pair of compass construct a triangle 6cm 5cm 7cm and ...
- C Programming - How do you reprompt after the user inputs a wrong number into ...
- geometry - An architect plans to make a drawing of the room of a house. The ...
- Maths - Construct a triangle ABC in which AB=AC=5.2cm and angle A= 120 degree. ...
- 11th grade Physics - A long,straight current-carrying wire runs from north to ...
- Geometry - The next step is to construct side PS of the figure so that side PS ...