Posted by Corey on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 7:47pm.
A person who weighs 130 pounds can burn about 300 calories per hour skateboarding. Write a function that relates the calories burned, c, to the number of hours, h, spent skateboarding. Identify the independent and dependent variable. Create a function table for values of h equal to 1, 2, 3, and 4. Graph the function on a coordinate plane
c = 300h
Independent variable (IV) is h, number of hours
Dependent variable (DV) is c, calories burned
the weight doesn't matter and it's not the y-intercept, just sent to confuse you.
x :: y
0 :: 0
1 :: 300
2 :: 600
- Math help - Henry, Friday, May 17, 2013 at 7:28pm
I agree with your procedure and results.
Be sure to take your graph up to 4 hours.
- Math help - splashing100, Sunday, May 4, 2014 at 2:36pm
i,m still a little confused?
- Math help - splashing100, Sunday, May 4, 2014 at 2:46pm
i'm still a little confused with the last part...
- Math help - Gaylee, Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:04pm
The Last part is the function... XD
- Math help - RisingSunMathTutoring, Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 8:39am
c = 300h
- Math help - Anonymous, Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 12:58pm
something came in the mail today
- Math help - Anonymous, Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 12:59pm
something came in the mail today dezz nuts
Answer this Question
- math - A person who weighs 130 pounds can burn about 300 calories per hour ...
- Math - A person who weighs 130 pounds can burn about 300 calories per hour ...
- math help plesase???? - A person who weighs 130 pounds can burn about 300 ...
- Math - I can't figure out this question. I tried asking my classmates and ...
- math - how do you make a coordinate plane for the function of a person who ...
- math - A 154-lb person burns 420 calories per hour riding an exercise bicycle at...
- Math - 1.If a person jogs at a rate of 5 1/2mi/h for 3 1/2 h in a week, how many...
- Calculus - Jill burns 100 calories per hour while sleep and 300 calories per ...
- Ratios Math - Please help The following table shows the number of calories ...
- math check please - would some please check this for me. An important fact to ...