Posted by Rosie on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 10:19pm.
Use the seven step method described in the book to graph the following rational function
1) Determine the symmetry of the function
2) Find the y-intercept
3) Find the x-intercept
4) Find the vertical asymptotes
5) Find the horizontal asymptotes
6) Plot points between and beyond the x-intercept and the vertical asymptotes.
Type the y-coordinate for each of the following points:
-5 -2 -1 2 5
7) What should the graph look like
College Algebra HELP - Steve, Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 12:11am
f(x) = (2x+3)(x-1) / x(2x-7)
So, the denominator is zero at x=0,7/2 making vertical asymptotes
Top and bottom are both quadratics with x^2 coefficient=2, so there is a horizontal asymptote at y = 2/2 = 1
There is no y-intercept, because f(x) is not defined for x=0
It's easy to see where y=0
f(x) is neither even nor odd, so there is no symmetry
visit wolframalpha.com to check out the graph. Just type in the function
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Seven step method - Use the seven step method described in the book to graph the...
- pre calculus - use the seven step method to graph the following rational ...
- College Algebra - 1.The graph of y = - 1/2 |x - 5| - 3 can be obtained from the ...
- College Algebra - Using the 7 steps outlined in section 4.3 of your book, ...
- math-please help,need quickly - find the slant asymptote of the graphof the ...
- pre calculus - find the following for the function f(x)=(x+3)^2(x-1)^2 a.) find ...
- Algebra - Find the following function f(x)=(x+3)^2(x-1)^2 (a)Find the x and y ...
- Maths - Given the quadratic function y =3x^2+10x-8 (i)Find the y-intercept. (ii)...
- Algebra - Find a rational function that satisfies the given conditions. Vertical...
- algebra - Create a rational function with a linear binomial in both the ...