Posted by Becka on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 11:05pm.
1. What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late Fourth Century?
A. Weak leadership
B. Immigration and invasion
C. Lack of education within the empire
D. Poor infrastructure
2. A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean world as a result of the Islamic
3. How did Alfred the Great secure his modern reputation as a state-builder?
A. He was lavishly generous to monks.
B. He gave free land and tax breaks to peasants.
C. He forced people to live in militarized colonies.
D. He encouraged trade through tax incentives to merchants and businessmen.
4. Which of the following did the Mayans consider to be worthy of recording?
A. Information about everyday life
B. The laws of their society
C. Trade records
D. Ceremonial rituals
5. In forming his government, Asoka recruited what group to serve as bureaucrats?
A. The Buddhist clergy
B. The rising merchant class
C. Traditional Brahman elites
D. The military elite
6. In the development of the Roman Empire, the Romans treated citizenship as
A. belonging only to native Romans.
B. a benefit worthy only of peoples who had freely joined them.
C. meaningless because the Roman Empire was tyrannical.
D. something to be shared with conquered people.
7. The Emperor Charlemagne spread Christianity among the Saxons by
A. excluding pagans from trade and commerce.
B. imposing taxes on those who didn't convert.
C. giving pagans a choice of conversion or death.
D. by way of exemplary faith that set an example.
8. On what basis were the Khmer people able to coalesce into a single large kingdom?
A. Exploiting the flooding of the Mekong River
B. Development of its pottery industry
C. Wealth from mining and timber
D. Wealth from its trading fleet
9. Legalism was the dominant political philosophy in China during the reign of
B. Han Wudi.
C. Liu Bang.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- World History - What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late ...
- world history - What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late...
- history - A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean ...
- world history - 16. After the death of Theodosius, the eastern part of the Roman...
- History - Witch of these happened during the century that followed Pax Romana A...
- world history check - How did the excommunication of Emperor Leo III affect the...
- History - Which city was located in the Persian Empire? A. Baghdad B. Jerusalem ...
- World history - How did the Hun invasion weaken the Roman empire
- world civilization ( the roman empire) - What political, social, and economic ...
- History - How does the ROman empire work? http://encarta.msn.com/...