Posted by Becka on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 11:05pm.
1. What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late Fourth Century?
A. Weak leadership
B. Immigration and invasion
C. Lack of education within the empire
D. Poor infrastructure
2. A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean world as a result of the Islamic
3. How did Alfred the Great secure his modern reputation as a state-builder?
A. He was lavishly generous to monks.
B. He gave free land and tax breaks to peasants.
C. He forced people to live in militarized colonies.
D. He encouraged trade through tax incentives to merchants and businessmen.
4. Which of the following did the Mayans consider to be worthy of recording?
A. Information about everyday life
B. The laws of their society
C. Trade records
D. Ceremonial rituals
5. In forming his government, Asoka recruited what group to serve as bureaucrats?
A. The Buddhist clergy
B. The rising merchant class
C. Traditional Brahman elites
D. The military elite
6. In the development of the Roman Empire, the Romans treated citizenship as
A. belonging only to native Romans.
B. a benefit worthy only of peoples who had freely joined them.
C. meaningless because the Roman Empire was tyrannical.
D. something to be shared with conquered people.
7. The Emperor Charlemagne spread Christianity among the Saxons by
A. excluding pagans from trade and commerce.
B. imposing taxes on those who didn't convert.
C. giving pagans a choice of conversion or death.
D. by way of exemplary faith that set an example.
8. On what basis were the Khmer people able to coalesce into a single large kingdom?
A. Exploiting the flooding of the Mekong River
B. Development of its pottery industry
C. Wealth from mining and timber
D. Wealth from its trading fleet
9. Legalism was the dominant political philosophy in China during the reign of
B. Han Wudi.
C. Liu Bang.
Answer this Question
law-major help? - Hi, my friend and I both want to be lawyers. we finally talked...
Math - What percent of students in the college are history majors (to the ...
business - what is the chronological order of the major legislation that makes ...
U.S. History - what were the major consequences and results of ww11? in the U.S...
Amercain history - Due to the costs of production, the major news source that ...
history - Question #2 What were the three major regional groupings of colonies...
US History II - Would anyone know the major event for the turning point in 1945 ...
World History - What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late ...
history - Creat a timeline of the major events in houston's history
history - Discuss the major consequences of Alexander the Great's death on world...