Posted by Cassie - Please Help. on Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:04pm.
Identify the incorrect word.
Emma told Jim that his car was still in it's parking place next to our apartment.
everyone keeps saying it is "it's" but isn't the incorrect word "our"...?
English - Writeacher, Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:05pm
"our" is correct
"it's" = it is or it has
Let us know what you decide.
English - Ms. Sue, Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:07pm
It's means it is, which, of course, makes no sense in this sentence.
You're right; our is the best word in this sentence. However, his is also an acceptable word. In fact, as I look at it, his is better than our.
English - Cassie - Please Help., Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:10pm
saying it that way it sounds like it is no error....but I thought it should read their apartment not our...
English - Ms. Sue, Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:12pm
. . . his car is in HIS parking place . . .
That makes the most sense to me.
English - Writeacher, Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:12pm
If there is only ONE error in the sentence, what word is the erroneous word??
English - Cassie - Please Help., Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:16pm
Then it's should be replaced with his...
English - Writeacher, Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:18pm
Yes, ... or "its" (no apostrophe).
English - Cassie - Please Help., Friday, May 10, 2013 at 5:15pm
English - Writeacher, Friday, May 10, 2013 at 6:04pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English answer CHECK - 16. Identify the word or phrase that should be in italics...
- grammar - The heroes of the The Three Kingdoms can best be described as ...
- Physics - Three parallel plate capacitors (C1,C2 and C3 ) are in series with a ...
- Physics / Astronomy - If there is no dark matter, in order to explain our ...
- PHYSICS - If there is no dark matter, in order to explain our observations, our ...
- english - I am to identify 3 words or phrases in the Canada anthem and explain. ...
- Fundementals in desktop publishing - 1: Which of the following are considered ...
- ELA - We need to do acrostic stuff for the word Military Makes our country the ...
- English - 1. Colors make up our world. 2. Our world is made up by colors. 3. Our...
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me. It's really urgent. 1) ...