Posted by Kaitlyn on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:19pm.
1. During the late 18th and mid-19th centuries, Europeans and North Americans were attracted to nearby coastal waters due to potential economic gains from?
A.) Catching trout and cod fish.
B.) Catching seals and whales.
D.) Finding riches and unexplored islands.
2. Islanders living in Beqa, Fiji, Live primarily.
A.) By hunting and eating meat.
B.) By fishing and cultivating tara.
C.) By gathering nuts for exports.
D.) By eating plants.
3. This geographic feature is a primary reason for a budding economy on Cook Island.
A.) Beautiful beaches and pleasant climate.
B.) Beautiful volcanoes.
C.) Tropical plants.
D.) Unique population of fish.
4. The discovery of _________________ caused the creation of new Australian towns.
A.) Jewels & Diamonds.
B.) Bronze pottery.
C.) Gold & Mineral deposits.
5. Which natural resource is not a common and highly important food source throughout the Pacific Island?
D.) Taro root.
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:25pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- World Geography - Kaitlyn, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:37pm
Ms.Sue, is number 5. B ?
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:51pm
- World Geography - Kaitlyn, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:01pm
Are these correct?
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:04pm
2. I don't know. The main economic activity is tourism.
- World Geography - Kaitlyn, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:10pm
Thank You, Ms.Sue!
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:21pm
You're welcome, Kaitlyn.
Answer this Question
History/English - Is the world polarized used correctly: The issue of ...
us history - identify five reasons why european immigrants took flight from ...
history - what was the most important development in the biological and medical ...
Civics - By the start of World War I, America had emerged as a global power. A ...
Socials - Make an organizer with the headings Clothing, Housing, Transportation...
geography - What was the time of greatest population growth in the world? A. ...
us history - what trends or events in other countries prompted people to move to...
History - Where can i find info on china and japan during 18th to 19th century.
social studies - describe the impact of colonization through policies of the ...
last 4 art questions - 1. Connoisseurship was a process in 19th century ...