Posted by Kaitlyn on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:19pm.
1. During the late 18th and mid-19th centuries, Europeans and North Americans were attracted to nearby coastal waters due to potential economic gains from?
A.) Catching trout and cod fish.
B.) Catching seals and whales.
D.) Finding riches and unexplored islands.
2. Islanders living in Beqa, Fiji, Live primarily.
A.) By hunting and eating meat.
B.) By fishing and cultivating tara.
C.) By gathering nuts for exports.
D.) By eating plants.
3. This geographic feature is a primary reason for a budding economy on Cook Island.
A.) Beautiful beaches and pleasant climate.
B.) Beautiful volcanoes.
C.) Tropical plants.
D.) Unique population of fish.
4. The discovery of _________________ caused the creation of new Australian towns.
A.) Jewels & Diamonds.
B.) Bronze pottery.
C.) Gold & Mineral deposits.
5. Which natural resource is not a common and highly important food source throughout the Pacific Island?
D.) Taro root.
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:25pm
I'll be glad to check your answers.
- World Geography - Kaitlyn, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:37pm
Ms.Sue, is number 5. B ?
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:51pm
- World Geography - Kaitlyn, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:01pm
Are these correct?
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:04pm
2. I don't know. The main economic activity is tourism.
- World Geography - Kaitlyn, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:10pm
Thank You, Ms.Sue!
- World Geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 10:21pm
You're welcome, Kaitlyn.
Answer this Question
10th grade World History - How did the ideas of Enlightenment led to changes in ...
geography - during the late 1700s, the russian nobility did waht?
World History ! - What world events led to the rising tide of economic ...
ap history - when did american economic institutions began to be shaped in a ...
last 4 art questions - 1. Connoisseurship was a process in 19th century ...
historic art facts - 1. Connoisseurship was a process in 19th century ...
government - Why did the South choose to return to a Confederacy despite the ...
Geography - Where can i go to get a map of the world during the civil war?
world geography - 007690RR, 007691, 007692, 007693 pls help me. penn foster ...
world geography - i need help with world geography lesson from penn foster ...