I'll be glad to check your answers.
Ms.Sue, is number 5. B ?
Are these correct?
2. I don't know. The main economic activity is tourism.
Thank You, Ms.Sue!
You're welcome, Kaitlyn.
1. During the late 18th and mid-19th centuries, Europeans and North Americans were attracted to nearby coastal waters due to potential economic gains from (1 point)catching trout and cod fish.
catching seals and whales.
finding riches on unexplored islands.
2. Islanders living in Beqa, Fiji, live primarily
(1 point)by hunting and eating meat.
by fishing and cultivating tara.
by gathering nuts for export.
by eating plants.
3. This geographic feature is the primary reason for a budding economy on Cook Island. (1 point)beautiful beaches and pleasant climates
unique population of fish
4. The discovery of _____________ caused the creation of new Australian towns.
(1 point)jewels and diamonds
gold and mineral deposits
5. Which natural resource is not a common and highly important food source cthroughout the Pacific Islands? (1 point)bananas
6. Which geographic feature of Cook Island benefits the growth of crops? (1 point)fertile, volcanic soil
proximity to the ocean
infrequent sunlight supports the growth of shade plants.
7. Which of the following is the basis of the traditional Aborigine economy? (1 point)farming
hunting and gathering
History/English - Is the world polarized used correctly: The issue of ...
us history - identify five reasons why european immigrants took flight from ...
history - What would be a good thesis statement for my intro paragraph? Effect ...
history - what was the most important development in the biological and medical ...
Geography - 1. Which of the following is NOT one of the types of forests that ...
Global history - Compare and contrast European colonization of the Americas in ...
world geography - the earliest europeans to come to africa:a.were the dutch b. ...
geography - What was the time of greatest population growth in the world? A. ...
Civics - By the start of World War I, America had emerged as a global power. A ...
world history - During the 16th to 19th centuries, Europeans a) retreated from ...