Posted by Adaija on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 8:35pm.
If a 5-pound sack of bird seed is divided equally for 3 different bird feeders, how much bird seeds will there be for each bird feeder?
Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 8:36pm
I'll be glad to check your answer.
Math - Adaija, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 8:38pm
I'm guessing 15? because 5x3....
Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 8:50pm
Does that make any sense to you?
Please go back and read your problem again. Pay attention to the key words.
Math - Adaija, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 8:57pm
Hmmmm,Would i do 5 divided by 3 and get 1.6?
Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:06pm
YES! Actually, we should round 1.666 to 1.7.
Doesn't that make sense? You've taken a 5-pound bag and divided it among 3 feeders. Each feeder gets about 1.7 pounds of feed.
Math - Adaija, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:08pm
Oh ok thank you!
Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 9:22pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - In a bird sanctuary 41 different special of birds are being studied. ...
- math - Kyle had 5/7 lb of birdseed. Each bird feeder holds 1/5 lb of seed. Can ...
- Math - Five pounds of birdseed is used to fill 4 identical bird feeders. A. What...
- math - Ashleys class bought 3 bags of bird sees and a bird feeder for their ...
- Advanced Biology - If a bird has a hooked bill and sharp talons, it might be a(...
- 12 Grade Physics - A bird accelerates from 15 m/s,north to 25 m/s,south in 8 ...
- Physics - A 3.70 kg bird is flying past a tree that has a 4.70 kg chipmunk in it...
- 12th grade Physics - A bird accelerates from 5 m/s,north to 25 m/s,north in 4s. ...
- Math - 1. Kyle had 5/7 lb. of birdseed. Each bird feeder holds 1/5 lb. of seed. ...
- math - Sondra has a conical bird feeder with a circular top. The volume of the ...