Posted by amit sharma on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 3:13pm.
The digits of a three digit number A are written in the reverse order to form another three digit number B. If B > A and B – A is perfectly divisible by 7, then which of the following is necessarily true?
1. 100 < A < 299 2. 106 < A < 305
3. 112 < A < 311 4. 118 < A < 317
- aptitude - Steve, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 4:15pm
If the digits of A are abc, Then B is cba.
100c+10b+a - 100a+10b+c = 7k
99c-99a = 7k
99(c-a) = 7k
so, c-a is a multiple of 7. In fact, since c and a are both single digits, c-a=7.
so, A must begin with 1 or 2, making c either 8 or 9
So, of the given choices, 100<A<299
- aptitude - amit sharma, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 4:40pm
correct answer is 2. 106 < A < 305
- aptitude - Steve, Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 4:48pm
Since A=101,102,103,104,105,300,301,302,303,304 all don't work,
Both answers are true.
Since actually 107 works and 299 works,
107 <= A <= 299
You are right. I should not have excluded 299 from the solution set.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 5th grade - I am a 3-digit number divisible by three my tens digit is three ...
- Math - I am a 3digit number divisible by 3. my tens digit is three times as ...
- math - Using the numbers 1 through 9 with no repeats, find a 9 number such that...
- Maths - I am a three-digit number. I am divisible by 6. My middle digit is a ...
- MATH - Need Answer to the Following Please: Using the 9 digits, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...
- 6th grade - i am a 3 digit number divisible by 3. my tens digit is 3 times as ...
- sent mary convent .sub math - I am 4-digit number divisibleby 3.My tens digit is...
- Math - Received answer to the following question from Jishka. (2469) Would you ...
- math - i am a 3 digit number divisible by 3.my tens digit is 3 times as great as...
- Math - I am a 3 digit number divisible by 3. My tens digit is 3 times as great ...