Posted by Leila on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 12:51pm.
Estimate the total binding energy for copper.
Estimate the energy, in joules, needed to break a 3.0g copper penny into its constituent nucleons.
E= in Joules
Please help me out I got 1st part I need the Energy in joules am confused please help me out...thanks
Physics - Elena, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 6:33am
Number of atoms is
N= N(A)m/μ =
Number of nucleons (protons+neutrons) =
Energy = 1.810ē⁴55010⁶1.610⁻đ⁹ =1.5810⁸ J
Thanks for the help but 1.58x10^8 J is wrong n I recalculated you calculation I got 1.58x10^14 J but that was also wrong so could you plz help me out.
- Physics to Elena - Elena, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 3:16pm
I believe that the correct answer is 1.5810¹⁴ J.
- Physics to Elena - Leila, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 3:49pm
Thatz what I got too but itz still wrong :/ I don't know why please help me...thanks
- Physics to Elena - Elena, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 5:19pm
Number of nuclei
N=nN(A) = (m/μ) N(A)=
=(3 g)(6.02210²³ nuclei/mol)/(63 g/mol)=2.8710²² nuclei
The energy required to break all the copper nuclei into their constituent protons and
(550 MeV ) (2.8710²² nuclei) =1.5610²⁵ MeV =
=1.5610³¹eV =2.510¹² J
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Estimate the total binding energy for copper. 550 MeV Estimate the ...
- Physics - -Estimate the total binding energy for copper? in MeV -Estimate the ...
- Physics Need quick help please - Estimate the total binding energy for copper. ...
- Math - Post a New Question Current Questions Homework Help: Math (HELP PLEASE) ...
- Physics - I'm sorry if it's a lot, but I want to make sure I didn't do any ...
- Physics - What amount of heat is required to raise the temperature of 350 grams ...
- chemistry - * A 50 gram sample of an unknown metal warms from 18 to 58 after ...
- physics - In compressed state, a spring 3.00 meters long hanging from the ...
- physics - A 0.75 kg mass of copper changes temperature from 145.0 C to 46.0 C. ...
- Chemistry - How do you convert energy into to joules (can you please give me an ...