Posted by Annabelle Hartz on Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 12:22pm.
Please check my answers (at the bottom) with these questions.
1. An apple quickly changes color when exposed to air. This demonstrates a ________. (1 point)
all of the above
2. When a chunk of dry ice is at room temperature, a cloud of carbon dioxide vapor forms. The carbon dioxide is changing from a ____. (1 point)
solid to a liquid
solid to a gas
liquid to plasma
liquid to a gas
3. A solution that contains all the solute it can hold under the given conditions is ____. (1 point)
4. Which of the following properties is not characteristic of acidic solutions? (1 point)
has a sour taste
is corrosive to certain metals
5. When aqueous solutions of table salt and silver nitrate are mixed, a white solid forms. This solid is ____. (1 point)
6. Stainless steel is an example of a ____ solution. (1 point)
7. Which of the following correctly describes a solution with pH of 2? (1 point)
9. The freezing point of a substance is ________ the melting point of the same substance. (1 point)
10. For most substances, the distance between particles is smallest when the substance _________. (1 point)
exists as a gas
exists as a liquid
exists as a crystalline solid
exists as an amorphous solid
11. Which of the following factors does not affect the behavior of a gas in a closed container? (1 point)
the number of particles
the average kinetic energy
the cohesive forces within the gas
the size of the container
12. Pascal's principle can be applied to ____. (1 point)
all states of matter
solids and gases only
solids and liquids only
liquids and gases only
13. Particles with more energy move __________ than particles with less energy. (1 point)
slower and closer together
faster and farther apart
faster and closer together
slower and farther apart
15. During an experiment, you find that you can dissolve 3.6 g of a substance in 300 mL of water at 25°C. How much of the substance would you predict that you could dissolve in 600 mL of water at the same temperature? (1 point)
16. Which of the items below is an example of a base in your everyday life? (1 point)
all of the above
Thank you for all who helps out!
- Science - Annabelle Hartz, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 12:42pm
Please help I really need my answers checked
- Science - Annabelle Hartz, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 1:07pm
P.S I am not cheating, I have already done the test I am just seeing how I did.
- Science - N/A, Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 5:25pm
Why don't you check your grades then. You would be able to see how you did right?
- Science - random person who probly takes the same class as you, Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 5:23pm
I know that number 10 is right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chem Lab - Am I right? Classify the following properties of sodium metal as ...
- science - 1. The ability of an apple to change color when exposed to air is a ...
- science - Will you please check? Physical or chemical properties 1. bitter taste...
- Science - What is anything that has mass and takes up space? 1) Weight 2) Volume...
- science - What is anything that has mass and takes up space? 1) Weight 2) ...
- Science - Water and gasoline are both clear liquids at room temperature. ...
- science - Here are all the word you can use chemical property mixture ...
- Chemistry - Iron is malleable (able to be hammered into sheets). Is this an ...
- Science - What is a Chemical property? What is a Physical property? -thanks ...
- Science - 1. Density is the relationship between ____. (1 point) mass and volume...