Posted by Alex on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 7:56pm.
I was given an assignment to add suffixes ( -ible, -ive, and -ion) to certain root words. I can't seem to find any words for post using the above suffixes. I've tried searching dictionary and roots with post. Are there any words that can be made without changing the root (possible, postive, position)?
5th grade Language Arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 6, 2013 at 8:22pm
I don't know of any words that add any of those suffixes to post.
5th grade Language Arts - Writeacher, Monday, May 6, 2013 at 9:13pm
Not with those suffixes.
post- can be used as a prefix, meaning "after" something
5th grade Language Arts - Alex, Monday, May 6, 2013 at 10:02pm
Thanks for checking!
5th grade Language Arts - Abby, Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 8:06pm
Defensible, indivisible, inedible, imperfectible :) hope I helped
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - please check my answers: Write true if the statement ...
- english - Rhetoric and commonly confused words, prefixes and suffixes, ...
- suffixes - How do I know i add the suffixes is right.Ex:light add ;er or est
- vocab - i need to know if you can change frothed into a verb, adjective, or ...
- spell - I have a question for language arts. My question is that I got this ...
- Language - How many words can i write that are related to the base word image? ...
- Language Arts - What are some ways I can help my son remember is spelling words...
- 3rd Grade Spelling - Could you give me some suffixes for the following words: ...
- grammar - Base words that have the following suffixes: ment, less, en, able ...
- vocab - Can the word uncanny have any prefixes or suffixes? i also can not think...