Posted by Nikita on Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 10:32pm.
This question is based on the following poem:
Seasons are celebrations.
A year's a Ferris wheel.
Both honor our world's habit
of spinning 'round a star.
7. Which one of the following sentences best expresses the main idea of this poem?
A. The world has a habit of spinning around.
B. Season are celebrations, while a year on Earth is a habit.
C. Seasons and Ferris wheels are like Earth's journey around the sun.
English - Nikita, Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 11:10pm
This question is based on the following excerpt from a short story.
Inside the bus, in his summer Class-A uniform with its brass glitter and infantry-blue shoulder cordon, Jamie Sabin was going home. Fort Benning would be a fading dream; Preston, Virginia, a place unknown, his future. He was in between, fumbling with puzzle pieces, making up stories about the real Jamie Sabin. Each of these he set adrift like a paper boat on a shifting sea of daydreams. He did that encased in the drone and shudder of diesel pistons and hissing tires. Jamie Sabin was going home to a place unknown.
7. In this paragraph, the paper boat is a
A. simile for Jamie's past.
B. metaphor for daydreams.
C. metaphor for Jamie's past and future.
D. simile for stories Jamie makes up about himself.
English - Writeacher, Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 11:31pm
Ms Sue answered the last one. What do YOU THINK about this one?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Except for a few pigeons, Central Park was deserted. Mist hung above ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- Integers - Suppose Frontier City Amusement Park bought a ferris wheel for $92,...
- trig question - A Ferris wheel has a deameter of 50m. The platform at the bottom...
- Physics - A particular Ferris wheel takes you through one complete revolution ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- Honor Physics - Fairgoers ride a Ferris wheel with a radius of 5.00 . The wheel ...
- 5th grade math (word problems) - I'm not sure how to solve this: A group of ...
- college trip - 6) A Ferris wheel at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair had a ...
- English - Read the following poem and then respond to the question below: “I’m ...