Posted by rebecca on Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 8:35pm.
Find the area of the regular polygon. Round your answer to the nearest tenth.
the individual sides are 10 the radius is 13.07
- math - Damon, Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 8:38pm
radius to what where with center where?
- math - rebecca , Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 8:47pm
the 10 is on one of the lines of the polygon then a line from the center
goes from the center to the edge of polygon inside with a doted line
- math - rebecca , Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 8:56pm
does that help
please help me with this
- math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 8:59pm
- math - Damon, Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 9:00pm
If your radius is to the corners, then
10 = 2* 13.07 sin (180/n)
sin (180/n) = .382555
180/n = 22.5
n = 8 sides
360/8 = 45 = top angle of each isoceles triangle
half of that has hpotenuse of 13.07 and base of 5
area of each of those 16 triangles = (1/2) (5)(13.07 cos 22.5) = 30.2
16*30.2 = 483
- math - rebecca , Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 9:03pm
- math - Damon, Saturday, May 4, 2013 at 9:08pm
If your radius is to the center of each side then
tan (360/2n) = 5/13.07
180/n = 20.93
n = 8.59 sides
I doubt if that is what it means so use my previous answer.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- geomerty - Find the area of the regular polygon. Round your answer to the ...
- math - . Find the volume of the sphere with a radius of 9. Use ð = 3.14 and ...
- Math/Geometry - Can you help me with this? Find the area of each regular polygon...
- geometry - 1.what is the area of a sector with a central angle of 160 degrees ...
- Math--Area - Find the area of each regular polygon to the nearest tenth. Octagon...
- Geometry - Please Help Me! Find the area of this polygon rround to the nearest ...
- geometry - find the area bounded by a regular pentagon with radius 6 cm. round ...
- math help - 1.Find the volume of a cube whose sides each measure 3.9. Round ...
- math--fast help please - Find the interior and exterior angle measurements of a ...
- math - The apothem of a regular polygon is the distance from the center to any ...