Posted by Somebody on Friday, May 3, 2013 at 2:19pm.
19. Point A(4, 2) is translated according to the rule (x, y) (x + 1, y – 5) and then reflected across the y-axis.
a) In which quadrant of the coordinate plane is point A located?
b) What are the coordinates of translated point A’? In which quadrant of the coordinate plane is point A’ located?
c) What are the coordinates of reflected point A’’? In which quadrant of the coordinate plane is point A’’ located?
I don't want the answer, I just want how I would solve all three of these steps. I'll do the math myself thanks!!! :-D
I also want to know what they mean by A' and A''???
- Math - Somebody, Friday, May 3, 2013 at 2:47pm
Please help this is due today and I'm really confused.
- Math - Steve, Friday, May 3, 2013 at 4:20pm
(4,2) is in QI
(4,2)->(4,-3) so it is in QIV
reflection in the y-axis flips the x-coordinate:
So, (4,-3)->(-4,-3) in QIII
- Math - Somebody, Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5:20pm
Well I just asked for an explanation and not an answer but thanks! It helps a lot.
- Math - Exercise 15, Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:46am
- Math - Exercise 15, Friday, July 29, 2016 at 11:48am
Questions no. 5 ans solve
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - 1) find the coordinate of the image of point (1,2) translated left 2 ...
- MATH REPOST - Consider that point A is located at (x, y) in Quadrant I of the ...
- math - a point has coorindate (-3,0) where is it located in the coordinate plane...
- Math - The point L(a,b)in quadrant 1, is rotated 90 degrees about the origin and...
- math - 3.Graph the points A(–5, 0 ), B(–4, 3), and C(0, –4) on the same ...
- Math - A triangle has vertices at S(1, 1), T(2, -3) and U(4, 0). The triangle is...
- math - 2. suppose a point at (2,3) is translated to (7,-1). which rule describes...
- math - The coordinates of point P are (-3, 5). Point R is a reflection of point ...
- Math - In a coordinate plane, Brittany labeled the coordinates for point m as (-...
- COORDINATE GEOMETRY - A RAY OF LIGHT ORIGINATES FROM A(1,2) AFTER REFLECTION ON ...