Posted by Minnie on Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 3:02pm.
I have to explain my study group negative concord, but I don't really understand what it is.. I read about it, I google it but what exactly is negative concord?
Can one of you maybe explain it to me?
english - Writeacher, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 3:38pm
english - Minnie, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 3:49pm
Ok, so am i right, that in standart english is ne negativ concord? My teacher told me to explain who to build negativ concord. As i see in the link you gave me it is so that negativ concord occurs mostly with don't, aren't and something like that, in some english dialects, right?
english - Writeacher, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 3:58pm
In standard English, double negatives are not considered good grammar ... or else the message conveyed would be the opposite of what the speaker/writer intends.
So, yes, the use of double negatives intentionally would be dialectical only or to identify oneself with someone who speaks a dialect predominantly.
english - Minnie, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 4:13pm
So negativ concord is the same as duoble negation?
english - Writeacher, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:37pm
I think so ... if I'm reading those definitions right.
english - Minnie, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:45pm
Ok, thank you
english - Writeacher, Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:58pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Hey, can naybody please look wheter I wirte it all right? Thanks :) ...
- Social Studies 7R - Q2 Help! - Identify: (includes definition and purpose, ...
- american history Lexington and Concord Essay - Who was telling the truth? Which ...
- MATH - Which value for slope represents the steepest line? Explain. Negative ...
- 10 grade English - Write an essay comparing Baldwin's account of the Titanic ...
- U.S History - who won the battles of Lexington and Concord? were the armies ...
- Sociology - Will someone please explain gender stratification. I have tried to ...
- Acids - A strong acid readily donates a proton. Inductive effects and other ...
- Hi (I know I asked the same thing) - Which is a true statement? 6.52 < 6.5 -2...
- English (about Ireland) - Hello, For my final exam in English, I have to do a ...