Posted by lori on Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:58am.
19-1 Bicycle Insurance and Information Asymmetry
If bicycle owners do not know whether they are high- or low-risk consumers, is there an adverse
19-2 IPOs and Adverse Selection
Should owners of a private company contemplating an IPO (a sale of stock to the public) release
information about the company, or keep as much of it as they can to themselves?
19-3 “Soft Selling” and Adverse Selection
Soft selling occurs when a buyer is skeptical of the quality or usefulness of a product or service.
For example, suppose you’re trying to sell a company a new accounting system that will reduce
costs by 10%. Instead of asking for a price, you offer to give them the product in exchange for
50% of their cost savings. Describe the information asymmetry, the adverse selection problem,
and why soft selling is a successful signal.
19-4 Student Work Groups
You’ll complete a number of your school assignments in small groups, many of which will be
student selected. Assume group members are rational and select fellow group members basedon their
assessment of teammates’ intellectual and productive capabilities. Someone you don’t
know invites you to join a group. Should you accept? (Hint: Think about the information
19-5 Hiring Employees
You need to hire some new employees to staff your start-up venture. You know that potential
employees are distributed throughout the population as follows, but you can’t distinguish
Employee Value Probability
What is the expected value of employees you hire?
- economics - Jennifer, Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 11:00pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- economics - 19-1 Bicycle Insurance and Information Asymmetry If bicycle owners ...
- Managerial Economics - Soft selling occurs when a buyer is skeptical of the ...
- Health - In the market for health insurance, what kind of asymmetric information...
- Managerial Economics - Are organizations more risk adverse or individuals more ...
- Economics - Are organizations more risk adverse or individuals more risk adverse...
- Managerial Economics - Suppose your company is considering three health ...
- macroeconomics - match each of the rationales for finacial intermediation listed...
- physics - a dog runs back and forth between its two owners, who are walking ...
- Stats - A researcher uses a matched- subjects design to investigate whether ...
- Math - A person with no more than $15,000 to invest plans to place the money in ...