Posted by Gabby on Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 9:41pm.
In the following sentence, "Abraham Lincoln was a widely admired politician,” which statement is correct? (1 point)
Add a hyphen between widely and admired.
Add a hyphen between admired and politician.
Add a hyphen between Lincoln and was.
No hyphen is needed.
In which of the following cases are quotation marks not necessary? (1 point)
to enclose the title of a song
to enclose an indirect quotation
to enclose parts of a divided quote
to enclose a word-for-word quotation
In the following sentence, where is a colon needed?
There are three candidates Barbara, Ursula, and Kendra. (1 point)
Where is a semicolon needed to fix the following run-on sentence?
He ordered soup I ordered a sandwich. (1 point)
between ordered and soup
between I and ordered
between soup and I
between ordered and a
Which of the following compound words is spelled incorrectly? (1 point)
Which of the following is an example of an acronym? (1 point)
Borrowed words are a result of (1 point)
children not knowing the correct word to use.
language becoming more technical.
contact between two cultures.
misspellings of foreign words.
The original meaning of the word awesome is "inspiring great admiration or fear." Which of the following is the best synonym of the word as it is used most commonly today? (1 point)
The word telephone comes from the French words télé-, meaning “far" and phone, meaning "sound." Which of the following words does not derive from the word phone? (1 point)
Are these correct Ms. Sue???
Urgent Language Arts~! - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 9:53pm
All are correct except 10 and 11.
Urgent Language Arts~! - Gabby, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:06pm
My new Answers-
Ok umm did I get them right now??
Urgent Language Arts~! - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:08pm
Yes! They're all correct now. :-)
Urgent Language Arts~! - Gabby, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:21pm
THANK YOU! :)
Urgent Language Arts~! - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:22pm
Urgent Language Arts~! - Awesome, Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 5:58pm
Actuley, #14 is A.
Earthquake is spelled correctly.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - 9. Choose the type of punctuation that is missing from the ...
- Need Help--ENGLISH - What needs to be done to correct the following sentence? A ...
- Language Arts - Please check answers! Choose the type of punctuation that is ...
- URGENT LANGUAGE ARTS URGENT~! - Which answer explains why there isn’t a hyphen ...
- English - Need help please check. 7. Choose the type of punctuation that is ...
- English - 8. Choose the type of punctuation that is missing from the following ...
- LA - For questions 7–11, each sentence is missing one type of punctuation. ...
- language arts - 1. Where should you put one or more hyphens in the following ...
- LA plz,plz help - Choose the type of punctuation that is missing from the ...
- English - Suppose I want to write a sentence: Why not a girl or woman? Because ...