Posted by Jade on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 9:20pm.
I need a good grade in grammar so please check my answers!
Identify the object of the preposition in each of the following
Ashley and her father arrived
home from work.
Ashley’s bedroom was
across the hall.
Ashley put her journalism books in
the new bookcase.
Read each of the following sentences. Is there a mistake?
Around five o’clock Ashley’s father called her for dinner.
Add a comma after o’clock.
Change Ashley’s to Ashleys’
Change calls to call
Ashley, of course, washed her hands and went right into the kitchen.
Change washed to washing.
Take away the comma after Ashley.
Add a comma after right.
Check My Answers.
1.C 2.D 3.D 4.A or D(not sure) 5. B or D(not sure)
6th grade grammar please help - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 9:32pm
1 and 3 are wrong. Use this list to find prepositions.
6th grade grammar please help - Jade, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 6:31am
thank you but I'm still confused on 1 and 3 could you explain why its not from and in.
6th grade grammar please help - Ms. D, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 7:07pm
In question #1, "from" is the preposition. The object of a preposition is either a noun or pronoun, so in this sentence the object of the preposition "from" is work.
In question #3, the objecti of the preposition is bookcase.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grammar please help! - I still need help on 1 and 2. Identify the object of the ...
- Grammar Check - Identify the underlined word as either a direct object or the ...
- GRAMMAR - PLEASE CORRECT THE ANSWERS ACCORDING TO THE QUESTION BELOW. insert the...
- grammar - I need help identifying gerund or gerund phrase, and then what is the ...
- grammar - It's been too long... someone please help - 4th grade grammar, simple ...
- English - Which one of the following sentences uses pronouns correctly. A. ...
- Check answers please? (grammar) - Can someone please check my answers to the ...
- English / Grammar - Please check the following sentences and let me know if they...
- 6th grade grammar - Put brackets [ ] around the adverb in each of the following...
- Grammar (Ms. Sue) - Complete each sentence below, using an objective pronoun. ...