Posted by Annie on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 3:16pm.
Charmaine is looking at the rental car prices for Get You There Rental Car Company. The cost is based on how many miles you plan to drive the rental car. Use the list of rental prices to answer the questions 1- 5.
1) Describe the relationship between the cost of the rental car and the miles.
2) Write a linear equation to represent the relationship between the cost and the miles.
3) Estimate the cost of driving the rental car for 1200 miles.
4) Predict the cost of driving the rental car for 2400 miles.
5) With $500, what is the maximum number of miles that you can drive the rental car?
These questions seem so simple to me but I got them all wrong... Can someone please help me?
- Probability & Statistics - MathGuru, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 7:11pm
1)This looks like a strong positive linear relationship between the cost of the rental car and the miles (as the mileage increases, so does the cost).
predicted y = 36 + 0.14x
x = miles
y = cost
3)Substitute 1200 for x (miles) and solve for predicted y (cost).
4)Substitute 2400 for x (miles) and solve for predicted y (cost).
5)Substitute 500 for y (cost) and solve for x (miles).
I hope this will help get you started.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Probability & Statistics - Charmaine is looking at the rental car prices for Get...
- Algebra - Hertzy Car Rental: Charge a fixed rate of $58 with NO mileage charge. ...
- Math - Steven is moving to another city next weekend and wants to rent a moving ...
- Math - Homework Help: Math Posted by Blob on Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 1:...
- math - Monique needs to rent a car while on vacation. The rental company charges...
- math - Renting a Car A rental car costs $25 plus $0.25 per mile. (a) Write an ...
- algebra - Ace car rental rents a car for $45 and .25 cents per mile. Star rental...
- Math - A rental car company charges $150.00 for a weekly rental and an ...
- Math - A business woman intends to rent a car for a 3 day business trip. The ...
- math - car rental is 36.00 day, 100 miles free for each day of rental plus .20 ...