Posted by no on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 12:29pm.
1. In which sentence do apostrophes serve to indicate both possession and contraction?
A. Lady's slippers were under Carol's bed.
B. It's Howard's fault.
C. I can't say whether it's hers.
D. Let's see whom we'll call on next.
I think a
- english - Writeacher, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 1:31pm
Does Lady own the slippers? Does Carol own the bed? The answers are both yes, so A is incorrect.
- english - no, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 1:55pm
I really don't understand this??
- english - Writeacher, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 2:00pm
The words in the following sentences include apostrophes to indicate possession (ownership):
My brother's job includes fixing washers and dryers.
Henry's shoes need to be polished before the dance.
The boss's ideas need to be considered very carefully.
These sentences have apostrophes in them where contractions are used;
I can't wait until the weekend.
The little boys shouldn't be playing so close to the street.
They're all studying hard for the math test.
- english - Writeacher, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 2:14pm
Which of those sentences (B, C, or D) has a possessive AND a contraction in it?
- english - no, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 3:02pm
- english - Writeacher, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 3:56pm
C has two contractions. Remember, you're looking for a sentence with ONE contraction and ONE possessive.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- a question - All things considered,_____ not a bad day. its or it's "It's" is a ...
- english -I NEED HELP AGAIN - Almost _________ work would be better than ...
- English - With your partner, talk about what is seen in the picture taking turns...
- English - Choose the correct use of apostrophes in the next sentence. Marcs ...
- english - Please help: Which sentence uses apostrophes correctly? A. Martha's ...
- English 11, grammar - my homework is to find pronouns(thats no problem) and then...
- english - identify the object of the preposition in the following sentence:the ...
- English - 1. Each student has his / her own book. (How do you read "/"? Is it '...
- Question - Fill in the blank with the correct word. 1.Regardless of what others ...
- English - Native speakers - Hello what is the difference between a chef and a ...