Posted by james on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:02am.
Identify the sentence that contains a word or phrase that should not be in italics.
*Is Mel Gibson in the movie version of Hamlet or Macbeth?
Lenny has trouble pronouncing the word bonjour.
Glenda subscribes to Smithsonian and Time magazines.
Thornton Wilder's play Our Town is a popular high school production.
- English - Writeacher, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:04am
- English - james, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:08am
What do you think it is? why would MEL GIBSON be italicized?
In that sentence Mel gibso is italicized and hamlet or macbeth is italicized.
- English - Writeacher, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:09am
Read the link I posted ... then re-think all four sentences.
- English - james, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:22am
After reading your link. i think it is B. with bonjour being italicized.
- English - Writeacher, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:44am
It's hard to say unless you tell us which words are in italics in the question!
- English - james, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:56am
Mel Gibson , Hamlet and Macbeth in A...bonjour in B.,...Smithsonian and Time in C...and Our Town in D..
- English - Writeacher, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:57am
OK, then, your original choice is correct. Mel Gibson's name doesn't need to be in italics, although the titles of the two plays do.
- English - james, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 4:11pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Hamlet book vs movie - I would just like to get a view of anyone's opinion on ...
- English - Identify and choose the one underlined word or phrase that should be ...
- english - Identify the question word that is answered by the underline word pr ...
- English - Choose the letter of the word or phrase best matches the word in ...
- grammar - The heroes of the The Three Kingdoms can best be described as ...
- need help - what are italic words in paragraphs???? In English, we use italics ...
- english - In the following sentence, what word does the participle phrase modify...
- English-Grammar - Identify the word or words the best describes the underlined(...
- English - 1. identify the adjective phrase in this sentence. The rice in the pot...
- English - Lesson 11 Test Someone halp For Questions 1-3, choose the word or ...