Posted by Jen on Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 4:09pm.
An author of detictive novel is most lkely to use figurative language to
A. Entertain the reader.
B. help the reader visualize a character.
C. suggest hidden meanings.
D. mislead the reader.
Answer is "B"
Eng B - Ms. Sue, Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 4:27pm
B. would apply to any kind of novel.
This question is specifically about detective novels.
Eng B - Jen, Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 4:50pm
Ok, thank you
Well it's "C" suggest hidden meanings
Eng B - Ms. Sue, Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 4:55pm
I agree. Although it could be D. I read a lot of mystery novels and the authors usually try to mislead the reader into drawing the wrong conclusions.
Eng B - Anonymous, Friday, June 5, 2015 at 4:59pm
IT IS NOT " C. suggest hidden meanings."
THAT ANSWER IS WRONG!
Eng B - Mary, Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 4:32pm
D. is wrong I just took the exam
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- literature - An author of a detective novel is most likely to use figurative ...
- Literature - An author of a detective novel is most likely to use figurative ...
- english - The events of the plot are designed to reveal the author's point of ...
- english - 17. In Shirley Jackson’s “The Lottery,” how does the author use Tessie...
- Language arts - based on the text preview as well as research about the ...
- business communication - effective openers to a sales letter may include all of ...
- ICT - which of the devices uses reflected light to determine the location of ...
- Business Communication - You are writing to a reader who favors a different ...
- business communication - Which of the following is not a good guideline to ...
- ELA - Compare and contrast the film to the novel of tuck everlasting (2002 movie...