Posted by Jerald on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 10:02pm.
1.The youth center that the charity organized was like a (precaution beacon) to many young people desperately needing help and guidance.
2.The child gazed (wistfully wholesomely) at the shiny toys in the store window.
3.Is it right to (retaliate confiscate) against an evil act by performing evil acts of one's own?
4.Marie is not really pretty but her sparkling personality and (wholesome berserk) charm makes her very attractive
5.Many a perfectly healthy employee has been known to (retaliate sham) illness to avoid going to work
6.For some strange reason the photocopier suddenly went (berserk wistful) and started spewing vast quantities of paper all over the floor
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 10:11pm
All are right except for 1.
- English - Jerald, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 10:18pm
7.The report that he sent to the president of the company (underscored retaliated) the need for better planning and more careful use of funds
8.The settlement of the American West is one of the great (pantomimes epics) of world history
9.Our driving instructor has emphasized that the use of seat belts is not a silly (encounter precaution) but a surefire way of saving lives
10.The Bible tells us that the Lord is like a stern but loving parent, and that whom He loveth, He (chasteneth detracteth)
11.During the long years of defeat Lincoln searched for a general who would (prosecute underscore) the war fearlessly until the Union was saved
12.Her writing style is a little (celestial uncouth) but what it lacks in polish and refinement is more than made up for by its wonderful humor
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 10:23pm
All right. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Words left beacon celestial detract precaution retaliate sham uncouth ...
- English - Word box beacon berserk celestial chasten confiscate data detract ...
- English - I have these words left beacon celestial detract precaution retaliate ...
- English - Word bank beacon berserk celestial chasten confiscate data detract ...
- English - I'm not too sure about the answer to these questions, just want to ...
- english - Which sentence BEST combines the ideas shown below? (I put an arrow ...
- To: Ms. Sue - So Ms. Sue is the answer to the question: She did not have ...
- Vocabulary - WORD BANK SCROUNGING,EAVESDROPPING,WISTFULLY,EXCITABLE,...
- english - Identify the verbal in this sentence as infinitive, gerund or ...
- English - Sorry, Writeacher. I mixed two senteces without realizing it. 1) James...