Posted by Jerald on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 5:55pm.
Word bank beacon berserk celestial chasten confiscate data detract encounter epic pantomime pessimist precaution prosecute puncture retaliate sham uncouth underscore wholesome wistful
1.The police have done their job in arresting the suspect; now it is up to district attorney to ____ him and prove his guilt.
2.Though many people doubted that the new program would do any real good, I thought it was a very _____ development
3.Late that afternoon, one of the inmates went ____ and totally wrecked the infirmary
4.Isn't it remarkable that a(n) ____ poem such as the lliad, written almost 3,000 years ago still has interest for readers today?
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 5:58pm
All are correct except for 2.
English - Jerald, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 6:02pm
Now that we have gathered a vast amount of ____ it is up to us to draw some useful conclusions from all this information
6.After the war, all the property that has been ____ by the government was turned back to its former owners
7.Little did I realize when I ____ that old man on a lonely beach that this chance meeting would change my life.
8.With a(n) ____ expression on his face, the prisoner looked through his cell window at the patch of sky that meant freedom for him.
11.In the old days whippings and other forms of physical punishment were used to ___ student misbehavior, even in college.
13.So there I was with a(n) ____ in one of my rear tires on a lonely road on a dark night and during a violent rainstorm
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 6:11pm
All are right except for 8.
vocabulary - Chyna, Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 7:30pm
Freedom of speech is an underscore and a mockery if it does not apply to people whose opinions are very unpopular.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Word box beacon berserk celestial chasten confiscate data detract ...
- English - I have these words left beacon celestial detract precaution retaliate ...
- English - Words left beacon celestial detract precaution retaliate sham uncouth ...
- English - 1.The youth center that the charity organized was like a (precaution ...
- English - 13.The trouble with being a(n) (underscore pessimist) is that you are ...
- Vocabulary - The story of the men who first climbed to the top of Mount Everest ...
- vocabulary - choose the word that is most opposite: Anticipated your "sensible" ...
- Government - A police officer has arresteda suspect and produced evidence of ...
- Calculus AB - A police car is chasing a suspect. The policemen is at point y=0.6...
- English - There are 3 errors in this sentence, can you help find them, please: ...