Posted by Jman on Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 2:12pm.
******I WILL GIVE MY ANSWERS AFTER I POST THE QUESTIONS******
1. Momentum is a measure of ____.
how hard it is to stop an object
the amount of matter in an object
the tendency of an object to change its motion
the amount of force acting on an object
Use the following equation to answer question 2:
acceleration (in meters/second2) = net force (in newtons)
mass (in kilograms)
2. A 300-N force acts on a 25-kg object. The acceleration of the object is ____.
3. The statement "for every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction" is a statement of ____.
the law of conservation of momentum
Newton's first law
Newton's second law
Newton's third law
4. A fixed, single pulley that is used to lift a block does which one of the following?
doubles the force required to lift the block
decreases the force required to lift the block
makes the block easier to lift by changing the direction of the force needed to lift it
decreases the force required and changes the direction of the force required
5. A heat engine ____.
changes mechanical energy to thermal energy
changes mechanical energy into electrical energy
changes thermal energy into mechanical energy
changes kinetic energy into thermal energy
6. Inertia _____.
depends on direction
depends on momentum
resists a change in motion of an object
both a and b
7. When a toy truck collides into a toy car, the momentum of _____ is the same before and after the collision.
the truck multiplied by the car
the truck plus the car
8. Air resistance _____ as you move faster.
remains the same
9. A slanted surface used to raise an object is a(n) ____. (1 point)
10. A bar that is free to pivot about a fixed point is a _____.
11. When two or more simple machines work together they are called a(n) _____.
12. In a diesel engine, the fuel is ignited by _____.
☺☺☺☺☺THAT'S ALL THE Q's☺☺☺☺☺
Additional Details added 2 mins ago
- Science Check answer - Jman, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 2:16pm
Answer this Question
HELPPPP - What is relative humidity? What is Absolute humidity? What is Specific...
check math - Here are my answers. Can you check if I got the right answers? ...
Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
statistics check - Consider the following bivariate data. Point A B C D E F G H ...
Math: law of exponents check answers - I know that anything to the power of 0 is...
Math question and answer check - Consider the probability function. (Give your ...
To Troyer 0269 - I deleted your last science post, as I promised I would a ...
math - Wondering the answers to these: Find the value of each of the following. ...
Algebra - Would someone please check these answers? Simplify. 3/x-5+1/1-4/x-5 ...
math answer check - Patients who have artificial hip-replacement surgery ...