Posted by gt on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 11:57pm.
In the right triangle shown below, the length of AB is 8 units, ¡ÏA measures 60¡ã, sin 60¡ã ¡Ö 0.866,
cos 60¡ã ¡Ö 0.5, and tan 60¡ã ¡Ö 1.73. Approximately how many units long is BC , to the nearest
hundredth of a unit?
- trignometry - Reiny, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 8:35am
Since you posted this twice, I think you realized that the symbols did not come out like you intended.
I think you meant this:
AB = 8, angle A = 60°
then you are given
sin60° = .866
cos60° = .5
tan60° = 1.73
the problem is that we don't know where the 90° angle is, could be at C or at B
If angle B = 90°
BC/8 = tan60
BC = 8tan60 = 8(1.732) = appr 13.86
if angle C = 90°
BC/8 = sin60
BC = 8sin60 = 8(.866) = appr 6.93
- trignometry - Joe, Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 9:27am
If it helps the answer according to this ACT compass sample test questions print out is 6.93.
How to solve it is the question ...
C is a 90 degree angle.
AB is 8 and the hypotenuse.
AC is the base .... we don't know it's length.
It's on page 14 if you google this -
2014 ACT In the right triangle shown below, the length of AB is 8 units
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trignometry - In the right triangle shown below, the length of AB is 8 units, ¡Ï...
- Trig - Given: cos u = 3/5; 0 < u < pi/2 cos v = 5/13; 3pi/2 < v < ...
- Geometry - x ________________<20* |<90* y | |<70* (hypotenuse length ...
- precalculus - For each of the following determine whether or not it is an ...
- Mathematics - Trigonometric Identities - Let y represent theta Prove: 1 + 1/tan^...
- related rates with work shown - this is a relate rates problem in calculus in a ...
- Trigonometry - Please review and tell me if i did something wrong. Find the ...
- Math - Calculus - The identity below is significant because it relates 3 ...
- MATH - Hi, I really need help with these questions. I did some of them halfway, ...
- math trigg. - which triangles do you use COS SIN or TAN?? You can use these ...