Posted by Yvonne on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 11:49pm.
- Algebra - Reiny, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 8:23am
factor each part
here is the hardest part
x^3 + 2x^2 - 4x - 8 , using grouping
= x^2(x+2) - 4(x+2)
= (x^2 - 4)(x+2)
= (x+2)(x-2)(x+2) or (x-2)(x+2)^2
= (x-2)(x+2)^2 /((x-2)(x+2)(x^2 + 4)) * (x+1)(3x+5)/((3x+5)(x+2))
= (x+1)/(x^2 + 4) , x ≠ ±2, -5/3
check by picking any value of x other than the restricted values
e.g. let x = 1
= (-9)/(-15)*(16/24) = 2/5
value of (x+1)/(x^2+4) = 2/5
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - I solved this problem 12x-6=11x -6+6=0 11x+6 12x=11x+6 12x-11x=x 11x-11x=...
- Algebra - Add the following (-8^2-2x+4)+(x^2-9x+7) A)9x^2-7x+11 B)-8x^2+11x+11 C...
- Algebra 1b! - 1. Find the excluded value of x for the polynomomial expression ...
- algebra - Can anyone tell me if I got this problem right 12x-6=11x 12x-6+6=11x+6...
- MATH - Algebra - 11x^2 + 22x/11 Am I on the right track? 11(x^2 + 11x)/11 = x^2...
- Algebra - 3x-27/55÷x-9/15x my answer is =3(11x^2-4)/11x is this correct
- Algebra 1 - 3x-27/55÷x-9/15x my answer is =3(11x^2-4)/11x is this correct.
- Algebra - 3x-27/55÷x-9/15x my answer is =3(11x^2-4)/11x is this correct.
- Algebra help please - Let f(x) = -5x - 4 and g(x) = 6x - 7. Find f(x) + g(x) A. ...
- Algebra - I cannot understand how you worked out this problem Bob. Could you ...