Posted by Max on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 10:27pm.
I have a complex figure like a U shape.
I understand the formula for this is l x w = a
Can you show me the steps?
31m is parael to 31m this would be the height (sides of the U)?? or is this the width?
Width is on the right top of U 23m.
Inside the middle of the U23m
Inside the middle side 12m
So confused can anyone help?
- Math 7th Geometery - Reiny, Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:35am
I think I got your figure.
I assume that the height of the inside of the U is 12 m
continue those height to the base, you now have 3 rectangles, the two outside ones are equal and are
31 by 23
The smaller one at the base is 23 by (31-12)
or 23 by 19
total area = 2(31)(23) + (23(19)
= 1426 + 437 = 1863
- Math 7th Geometery - Max, Friday, April 26, 2013 at 11:50am
yes hieght is 12m
Yes 3 rectangles.
yes two outside ones equal 31 by 23
Yes smaller one at the base is 23m
Yes all right. your awesome! This was a tough one for me. But you helped me see where I was confused.
Thank you so much.
Answer this Question
- Physics - 31m/s is a typical highway speed for a car. At what temperature do the...
- math - 31m^2n/41 x 21/mn x 2n^2/3m
- MATHS - 6M(2)+31M+33M=0
- Chem - what is the percent ionization at equilibrium in a 0.31M solution of ...
- Physic - 31m/s is a typical highway speed for a car. At what temperature do the ...
- Physics - someone in a car going past you at the speed of 31m/s drops a small ...
- Physics-Math - Suppose that a car starts from rest at position -3.31m and ...
- physics - i have this problem, it asks: (a) With what speed must a ball be ...
- physics - A canoe has a velocity of 0.31m/s southeast relative to the earth. The...
- algebra - are these correct? and simplifeid correctly? ax2b/6 x 4/5a = 4ab/15a ...