Posted by Evelyn on Monday, April 22, 2013 at 8:53pm.
1. You're an outpatient coder in Dr. Smith's office. When you code procedures, you're probably using _______ codes.
D. CPT ANSWER
2. You're a coder who's reviewing the record of a 62-year-old woman who was admitted to the hospital with shortness of breath and minor chest pain. The doctor diagnosed the patient with Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia and you assigned a code of 482.41. Additionally, you coded decompensated chronic systolic congestive heart failure (as documented by the physician) as 428.22 and 428.0. The coding system grouped the information into MS-DRG 178 (RW: 1.4860). The hospital has a base rate of $4,500.
What is the hospital's reimbursement for this patient under the PPS?
D. $10,360 ANSWER
3. Which of the following would be the best to use to help plan home health care outcomes and assessments?
C. MAC ANSWER
4. A health care plan wants to measure their quality and performance. They could use
B. HEDIS. ANSWER
5. Dr. M is receiving reimbursement based on actual charges after the patient has been treated. She's being reimbursed on a I DONíT KNOW THIS ONE.
A. prospective payment system.
B. usual, customary, and reasonable charges system.
C. retrospective, fee-for-service payment system.
D. indemnity system.
6. Mr. B is an 82-year-old retired railroad worker who is having a mole removed at his physician's office.
The physician's office is probably billing which of the following?
A. Medicare Part D
B. Medicare Part C
C. Medicare Part B
D. Medicare Part A
7. New Medicare payments systems and implementation of SCHIP both came out of the I DONíT KNOW THIS ONE.
A. Balanced Budget Act.
B. health maintenance organization.
C. Federal Act 33-2.
D. retrospective payment system.
8. Which of the following may lead to claim denials or improper service reimbursement?
A. Updated ICD-9-CM codes
B. Inaccurate physician documentation ANSWER
C. HCPCS codes on outpatient surgeries
D. Reporting of multiple APGs
9. You're switching jobs on Monday. Which one of the following acts was developed, in part, to ensure that you have ongoing insurance coverage during the change?
A. HIPAA ANSWER
10. Before she can receive insurance benefits, Sally must pay the first $500 out of her own finances. The $500 is called a/an
A. co-pay. ANSWER
11. You're grandmother has a question about her Medicare reimbursement, but it's 10:30 P.M. What organization will answer her questions at this time of night?
C. OIG ANSWER
12. When a physician is billing under the RBRVS system, he or she is using
A. HCPCS/CPT codes.
D. ICD-9 procedure codes.
13. Dr. Smith's medical office group and the hospital in which he's affiliated are both examples of
D. providers. ANSWER
14. Which of the following was created to allow coverage for options that aren't covered under Medicare A or B?
A. Medigap ANSWER
B. Medicare Part D
D. Medicare Part C
15. If you're in an 80-20 policy, it means
A. you pay 80% of the expenses and the insurer pays 20%.
B. the insured pays 80% of the expenses and you pay 20%.
C. the insurer pays 80% of the expenses and you pay 20%. ANSWER
D. you pay 80% of the expenses and the insured pays 20%.
16. Dr. S. is working within a reimbursement system where the insurance is billed after all the treatment has been given to the patients. The main reason that he orders more tests, exams, and procedures under this system is
A. because no one has to pay for it.
B. to increase resource utilization.
C. fear of being sued.
D. to make a profit.
17. It's January 2, 2011, and you're a hospital coder who just assigned three diagnosis codes to a patient's record. You probably used _______ codes.
D. ICD-9-CM ANSWER
18. Mrs. F is a 72-year-old retired school teacher who is hospitalized for pneumonia. Which of the End of exam following is most likely covering her inpatient hospital stay? I DONíT KNOW THIS ONE.
A. Medicare Part D
B. Medicare Part B
C. Medicare Part C
D. Medicare Part A
19. Paul Patient is trying to get new insurance, but he fears he'll be denied due to his cancer diagnosis and ongoing treatment. Which of the following was put in place to help patients like Paul avoid insurance denial due to their current conditions?
A. Healthy People 2010
B. Social Security Title XVIII
C. Affordable Care Act
D. Balanced Budget Act
20. You're a coder who's reviewing the record of a 62-year-old woman who was admitted to the hospital with shortness of breath and minor chest pain. The doctor diagnosed the patient with Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia and you assigned a code of 482.41. Additionally, you coded decompensated chronic systolic congestive heart failure (as documented by the physician) as 428.22 and 428.0.
The coding system grouped the information into MS-DRG 178 (RW: 1.4860).
The hospital has a base rate of $4,500.
Which of the following is the principal diagnosis? I DONíT KNOW THIS ONE.
- Medical Billing & Coding - Sandi, Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 10:47am
Well, the first answer is wrong. The answer should have been a combination of two of the given choices.
- Medical Billing & Coding - Deborah Haas, Sunday, April 27, 2014 at 3:23pm
On question number 2 how did you come up with the answer D. $10,360
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Medical coding - Which of the following would be coded within the HCPCS Level II...
- Medical Billing and Coding - 1. You're an outpatient coder in Dr. Smith's office...
- medical billing - need the icd 9 diagnosis code and ms drg along with the icd ...
- Medical - When a physician is billing under the RBRVS system, he or she is ...
- Medical Billing & Coding - This patient was admitted when MRI revealed cerebral ...
- Introduction to ICD Classification and Reimburseme - Electronic medical records ...
- Medical Billing & Coding - This 32-year-old female patient was admitted with ...
- medical billing - What may lead to claim denials or improper service ...
- medical billing and coding - When using ICD-9-CM codes, there are four main ...
- medical billing and coding - This 35-year-old female patient has carcinoma of ...