Posted by Ley on Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 7:29pm.
1.To solve the linear system below, which substitution of unkowns is proper ?
A.substitute 5x-16 for y in the first eqn
B.substitute 5x+16 for y in the first eqn
C.substitute 5x+12 for y in the first eqn
D.substitute 7y-4 for x in the second eqn
2.A line with a slope of -2 passes through the point (-2,4). If (c,-2) is another point on the line, what is the value of c?
3. Use lines with equations x+5y=5 and 5x + py = 5. a.Find p if the lines are parallel. b.Find p if the lines are perpendicular.
4.Write an equation in standard form of a line that is perpendicular to the line that passes through the points (-3,-8) and (-2,5) ?
5.Which pair of lines are parallel?
choices: A.k and m B.L and m C.k and n
D.n and m
PLEASE HELP a.s.a.p
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 8:28pm
so the slope between (-2,4) and (c,-2) must be -2
(-2-4)/(c+2) = -2
-6 = -2c - 4
c = 2
3. slope of x+5y = 5 is -1/5
slope of 5x + py = 5 is -5/p
-5/p = -1/5
p = 25
4. slope for the 2 given points = (5+8)/(-2+3) = 13
y-5 = 13(x+2)
y = 13x + 31
13x - y = -31
5. try it
see which pair has the same slope
- Algebra 1 - Ley, Friday, April 19, 2013 at 10:05am
Thank you Reiny
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 - What is an equation of a line perpendicular to the line with ...
- Algebra 1 - 1. How many solutions does the linear system have ? 3x - y = 4 -3x...
- algebra 1,urgent - the expression (4x^2-3x+1)-(x^3+2x+7) what is the coefficient...
- Algebra 1 HELP PLZ!!! - Use the Substitution method to solve the system of ...
- algebra - 5x-2y=-5 y-5x=3 substitution Substitute 5x +3 for y in the first ...
- algebra - use substitution to solve the linear system 3x+2y=-5 4x-3y=16 help plz...
- algebra - use substitution to solve the linear system 3x-y=15 x+2y=-2 Solve for ...
- ALGEBRA 1!PLZ HELP! - Use the Substitution method to solve the system of ...
- How do I do this.?(Math.) - Use the Substitution method to solve the system of ...
- algebra - how would i find an equation of a line that goes through points(1,6) ...