Posted by Guy on Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:20am.
Please check my answers! Thanks :)
1. In Yeats’s poem “The Second Coming,” the falcon and the falconer are images that most likely represent
*something out of control and unnatural.
the beauty and abundance of nature.
a sad, uncomfortable image of old age.
2. Based on Yeats’s poems “Sailing to Byzantium” and “When You are Old,” he most likely views old age and death as being ________.
mystical and exciting.
restful and peaceful.
*sad and depressing.
3. Which of the following words contains the suffix -ice meaning "the state or quality of"?
Read each sentence. Select correct if the sentence does not need any commas. Select incorrect if the sentence needs a comma or commas.
4. I waved at Jack, and he nodded.
5. Our system is alert to invasion by germs, and quickly sends out protective whitecells.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:32am
I disagree with your answer for 3. The others are correct.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:34am
Check your text for number 4. Some grammarians would eliminate the comma between two such short clauses.
- English - Guy, Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:40am
Thanks for the help! For 3, is it advice, for the state of advising?
I think that 4 does not need the comma, but the wording of the question confused me for 5. 5 does not need any MORE commas, but it needs the commas it has :/ I think the question could have ben worded better...
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:57am
4 is avarice.
5 does not need any commas. It's a simple sentence with a compound predicate.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - In "The Second Coming," what is Yeats' prophecy for modern ...
- English - Reed - One more Reed - Read these lines from William Butler Yeat's "...
- AP English Lit - Hi, I have a question that I'm stuck on. Do you know what kind ...
- English 10-Check/Help - Part 1: Poem Structure Check my following answers below...
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me? Thank you very much. 1)...
- Algebra - You want to determine the average number of songs people keep on their...
- English - procedure: Formative Test Now. let's check how well you can use the ...
- Physics please help!! - A peregrine falcon dives at a pigeon. The falcon starts ...
- english - Directions: Select the word or phrase most nearly opposite in meaning...
- English - Can Someone comment on how well i did my my poem please. Drive No ...