Posted by Guy on .
Please check my answers! Thanks :)
1. In Yeats’s poem “The Second Coming,” the falcon and the falconer are images that most likely represent
*something out of control and unnatural.
the beauty and abundance of nature.
a sad, uncomfortable image of old age.
2. Based on Yeats’s poems “Sailing to Byzantium” and “When You are Old,” he most likely views old age and death as being ________.
mystical and exciting.
restful and peaceful.
*sad and depressing.
3. Which of the following words contains the suffix -ice meaning "the state or quality of"?
Read each sentence. Select correct if the sentence does not need any commas. Select incorrect if the sentence needs a comma or commas.
4. I waved at Jack, and he nodded.
5. Our system is alert to invasion by germs, and quickly sends out protective whitecells.
I disagree with your answer for 3. The others are correct.
Check your text for number 4. Some grammarians would eliminate the comma between two such short clauses.
Thanks for the help! For 3, is it advice, for the state of advising?
I think that 4 does not need the comma, but the wording of the question confused me for 5. 5 does not need any MORE commas, but it needs the commas it has :/ I think the question could have ben worded better...
4 is avarice.
5 does not need any commas. It's a simple sentence with a compound predicate.